Lynton Road - old pictures & street numbering

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 18 October 2009 5.53pm
Hi All

Does anyone have old photo's of Lynton Road, and can anyone tell me the door numbering system they had ie.did the numbers start at Dunton Road end No.1 and increase toward St James's Road?
Also the plot at the corner of Lynton Road and Dunton road back in the 50's I think there was a pub there, can anyone throw some light on this?
Monday 19 October 2009 1.28pm
I think there was a posting about the name of the pub some time back.I'll see if I can find it.

Just found it quite a long posting october last year, pub was called The Greyhound.
Tuesday 20 October 2009 1.48pm
I recommend that you contact Southwark Local History Library - which is currently at Peckham Library (second floor) whilst the John Harvard Library in Borough High St is refurbished.
Most of the resources currently on open access in the library will be available at Peckham library e.g. books, pamphlets, cuttings, illustrations, maps, directories, electoral registers, microfilm/fiche, publications for sale. Archives and reserve stock items will be unavailable for the whole of the relocation period. Their email is and theyu are an excellent source of photos.
Tuesday 20 October 2009 2.50pm
Vraptor, my son phoned last night to tell me that he had forwarded some old photos of lynton road, if you p.m. me I will send them on when i get home?

and Sue's right john harvard is great.
Wednesday 21 October 2009 1.29pm
Vraptor, you forgot to send your e-mail...I am not clever enough to download!
Wednesday 21 October 2009 3.19pm
Hi Sue-Borough

Thanks for the advice and lead, i'm on to it

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: