Art thing on Webber Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 October 2009 3.44pm
Hi All,

Has anybody been to the art thing that is temporarily on Webber Street? Sorry for the lack of detail but I assumed it would be permenent but on the way to work this morning, I noticed a sign saying it was only open until 9PM tonight. I'll be popping in after work as it looked really good.
Tuesday 20 October 2009 3.55pm
Exactly where on Webber St., please?
Tuesday 20 October 2009 4.21pm
Ooh - hadn't heard about this.

Here's the official site:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 21 October 2009 3.14pm
It's just near the Great Suffolk Street end of Webber St. I went last night and I think it's defintely worth a look - especially as it's run has been extended for anthother couple of days. The artists are really friendly, one started chatting to me about how I would get a better shot of one of the pieces (I had a camera) if I put sunglasses over the lense? Bizarre but it worked.

It's pretty eclectic, some pieces which made me think (really recent letter from a British solider fighting in Afganistan). Also some pieces, which I didn't get at all...

There is also something by Tracy Emin and one by Damian Hurst as well, although they are not as impressive as some of the others (in my humble, ill-informed opinion).

I must say I do love living literally 30 seconds walk away from stuff like this... check it out if you can. If you hate it, it's free and they have a bar.
Wednesday 21 October 2009 3.42pm
Apparently it has been extended for another few days until Friday evening!
Great opportunity to see some formidable work, love it or hate it!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: