Westminster Bridge Roundabout South Side

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 October 2009 7.53pm
This may have come up on various threads recently, but is anyone aware that the roadworks around the new building at the south side of Westminster Bridge are to be removed on the 26th October..? What I wasn't aware until a couple of days ago, is that traffic from York Road and Westminster Bridge is being filtered anti-clockwise around the roundabout and onto Westminster Bridge Road heading south towards St George's Circus. The road markings on the roundabout are already in place...!!! Traffic is apparently not passing in front of the hotel in Addington Street....

I would not like to be there on Monday morning...!!
Friday 23 October 2009 7.29am
I had noticed that there were new road markings down and some seemed to be going the "wrong way" but i think that there was an element of that before at this roundabout - before the building work. Your right to be concerned though as it will take a bit of getting used to for all road users. At least with it being half term next week it should be a bit quieter
Friday 23 October 2009 5.36pm
The traffic anti clockwise was in place before the building works started. The reversed whilst the works are taking place. It is strange going round the roundabout the wrong way!!!
Friday 13 November 2009 12.10pm
Consultation on new public art to go outside the hotel:

http://www.jasonbruges.com/consultation/uk-projects/digital-river

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 13 November 2009 12.30pm
I know I'm just being pedantic, and I do know exactly where you mean, but doesn't Westminster Bridge run in a East/West direction? The South side would therefore be the upstream edge of the bridge - the left hand side as you're leaving SE1.

and yes it's also true that the direction around the roundabout has changed several times over the past few years. When working on a contract for TfL, back in 2005, while the old concrete building still stood, it was a clockwise roundabout, then the small part of York st was blocked up on the riverside edge, and the other 3/4 was two way for a while.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: