Apologies if this isn't the right place to post but I looked around and couldn't find anywhere more relevant.
My husband and I are looking to hire a cook on a weekly basis to cook for my family. We quite like to cook but we recently had a baby and no longer have the time. If you're interested, please get in touch.
What I'm looking for:
- someone to cook about a week's worth of food in one sitting -- e.g., about 4 portions of 4 recipes (total of 16 portions).
- the food needs to be put into labeled containers that can fit into my refrigerator for storage, and that allow it to be warmed up quickly. I will provide these.
- the food needs to be salt-free, since we will share it with our baby and we don't want to give him salt yet. (We just add salt to our own food afterwards.). This means no added salt and no or very little amounts of high-salt items like smoked/salted fish, stock, etc..
What kind of food:
- tasty (of course!), but does not need to be fancy or difficult cooking
- ideally we'd like to choose the recipes from our cookbooks, but we could also use your menu though we'd want to approve what you were cooking in advance.
- we prefer light, modern food, but we are not fussy. We eat a lot of Mediterranean and SE Asian food. Variety is good. But we're not fans of heavy food or very traditional English cuisine and we'd like plenty of veg.
- we do our shopping online with Ocado. You could assemble the order online on the Ocado website. We'd pay for it, and it would be delivered just before the time for cooking.
- (alternatively, you could do the cooking yourself at your home and we'd reimburse you from the shopping receipts. We'd need to talk in advance about what we'd like to be organic, etc..)
Where to cook:
- we have a decent kitchen, and are happy for you to the do the cooking at our place.
- (alternatively you could cook at your place and bring the food to ours. But it would be important to be certain that the stored food could fit in our fridge/freezer and that it wasn't left out too long. Since our baby is eating this as well, we're quite concerned about both salt content and things like bacteria levels so don't want food left out too long.)