visual antimatter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 October 2009 12.07am
It's a shame when they built that new building next to Black friars station they achieved something worse than the original building , at least what was there before was on the right scale and even if you didn't like it, it had its own characteristic and couldn't be mistaken for any other building , what they have replaced it with
Is less than banal, it goes it to negative figures and is visual antimatter.
Monday 26 October 2009 8.07am
What new building?
Monday 26 October 2009 12.18pm
You know next to Blackfriars station directly opposite clink street
the building they demolished looked like a giant white type writer.
Monday 26 October 2009 7.52pm
Is that the building that used to be next to Cannon St station? i think it was something to do with the Fire Brigade
Monday 26 October 2009 7.53pm
Is that the white building that used to be next to Cannon St station? i think it was something to do with the Fire Brigade
Tuesday 27 October 2009 8.15am
Server lag creating an echo now?;-)
Tuesday 27 October 2009 1.29pm
That's definitely Cannon Street station rather than Blackfriars. I quite like Mondial House in those images, though I'm not sure it looked quite like that in reality. It reminds me of my old Spectrum ZX80. It's certainly better than the building to the east of it.
Tuesday 27 October 2009 6.37pm
I cant tell whether the new building is the same height as the oginal white building , but it looks bigger because it doesn't go back and up in steps. Very disappointing.

Another missed opportunity.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: