Blocked Pavements Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 27 October 2009 8.00am
Having read about the pub at Waterloo that had a problem with drinking on the pavement. Does anyone else feel strongly about the drinkers who stand outside the market parter on the pavement and the road. I could not walk through the other day and nearly had an accident.
Tuesday 27 October 2009 1.25pm
People standing outside pubs is a problem, but I think the problem with the Old Fire Station on Waterloo Road was worse because of the huge number of pedestrians trying to get past to go to the station, especially in the evenings. They have a cordoned off area now, and from what I've seen, drinkers usually stay within it. I believe the cordon was imposed as a term of their licence after numerous complaints.
Perhaps you could write to the Market Porter management and suggest they keep order - it is their responsibility.
Tuesday 27 October 2009 7.25pm
real-se1 wrote:
Having read about the pub at Waterloo that had a problem with drinking on the pavement. Does anyone else feel strongly about the drinkers who stand outside the market parter on the pavement and the road. I could not walk through the other day and nearly had an accident.

Blimey real-se1 you've started me off now! The drinkers outside the Market Porter really are a nuisance during the evening/night - they are very noisy, inconsiderate, rude and literally stand in the middle of road thus making it impossible to drive through. I work evenings and get a lift home, from about 10pm some who are the worse for wear give verbal abuse to any motorist trying to manoeuvre around them. Believe me I know, because as a resident I had them threatening to smash your face in and trying to rip off the wing mirrors if you use the car horn. Once there was a stand off so I went into the pub to ask the staff to help as we were stuck in the road because the drinkers would not move aside to let us pass. Recently the pub installed a person who is supposed to try and keep the mob at bay within a taped off area but it is a losing battle. Now, if I can possibly help it we avoid it like the plague and get dropped off around the corner or go out of our way just to get dropped off outside my home and this is the case with my immediate neighbours too. Aaah that's better uummmmmmm
Tuesday 27 October 2009 8.12pm
its hardly a mob...
Wednesday 28 October 2009 7.54am
Eileen I agree with you. This is a joke, just because its classed as a trendy area it should not be allowed to get away with it. I have also had problems trying to get passed Cafe Brood who has taken the whole of the pavement over to run his business. What would be done if this was not Borough market???
Wednesday 28 October 2009 1.50pm
@"real"-se1 - judging by the couple of threads you've posted recently, it seems like you've got a chip on your shoulder about Borough Market. What's your real issue here?
KP
Wednesday 28 October 2009 2.00pm
I hope the chip is properly licensed and contained within the correct area.
Wednesday 28 October 2009 2.11pm
real-se1 wrote:

Bolderdash.
Wednesday 28 October 2009 2.13pm
real-se1 wrote:
nearly had an accident.

What was the near accident?
Wednesday 28 October 2009 4.01pm
I have noticed over the years that we have become less tolerant of anything that impedes our journeys. I don't think this is proportional to the amount of obstacles or to the degree they impinge upon us.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: