Loud noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 31 October 2009 11.07am
Is anyone else being bothered by the loud music and parties coming regularly from the British School of Osteopathy on Borough High Street? Are they even allowed to have those parties? I mean, the venue is obviously not sound-proofed (I think it is just the student bar!) and they leave the door open for smokers to come in and out, so the noise is LOUD!
Seems to be a regular occurrence on weekends, and they also seem to have live music practice on Saturday mornings. It's beginning to wear a bit thin!
Does anyone have any advice?
Saturday 31 October 2009 8.03pm
I've noticed the noise, too, and wondered why it was being tolerated. Presumably the council's noise team might be able to do something, or is that unduly optimistic of me?
Saturday 31 October 2009 11.37pm
Definitely get in touch with the noise team at Southwark and keep a diary of the disturbances. I would also contact the management at the school - no one should have to put up with this kind of thing.
Sunday 1 November 2009 3.55pm
Sunday 1 November 2009 4.00pm
Thanks, Pat, that is great advice. Particularly about contacting the management of the school!

Real SE1: I believe it is customary for people to say nothing when they don't have anything useful or constructive to contribute?
Sunday 1 November 2009 4.04pm
You can make a compliant on line to Southwark Council.

Alternatively, call them when the noise is happening and they usually come to investigate within 3 hours.
Monday 2 November 2009 6.13pm

years ago the management of the school used to send polite, advance notice of the parties to local residents. I don't know why it stopped but I'm sure a stiff but polite letter to the management would effect improvement - they have a lot to lose.

A word of caution. I was bothered by the noise which I thought was emanating from the osteopathy school several times. One evening it started early and I went to out to complain - it turned out the noise was actually a party on the lawn beside Ruse pub, creating an incredible volume. So if you can see yard at the back of the school, check visually before noting times of disturbance.
Monday 2 November 2009 8.54pm
Hi Easyrecall,
I have lived here for 3 years only, but certainly have never received any party-warning from the management during that time. Must have been before my time!

Unfortunately my place looks right onto the School yard...so I get the pleasure of front-row viewing as well as the noise! It's definitely them.
But wise words. Thanks for the advice.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 10.20am
LCO moved from this address about a year ago; not sure who is now using this building.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 10.34am
What time did the noise abate?

Im hoping that Zara can open a branch there if the college move out.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: