Lloyds bank SE1 - Rip off?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 3 November 2009 5.50pm
Am I the only person who feels Lloyds Bank at the E & C shopping centre is a total rip off?
Senior manager Simone Lazane spent 20 minutes listening to me deplore the state of the branch, apologizing, but unable to commit to improving its level of service.
Today's shortcomings:
the length of the queue
rubbish on the floor at front of house
no paying in slips
no Creditpoint envelopes
one Creditpoint box closed
The poor woman even got on her knees to pick up some of the paper waste.
My point is that as a business customer, I pay the same as a customer in Mayfair, but receive nothing like the level of service.
I'd like the E&C branch to be a flagship, anyone else bothered?
Tuesday 3 November 2009 5.58pm
My bank is over the river in Fenchurch Street because it's Halifax and there isn't one near me (London Bridge). Having waited with friends in the banks that are around here I'm really glad mine's in the City. Elephant must be even worse. I used the Halifax in Deptford once and came out deeply depressed and unable to pay in a cheque. It seems if you bank in poorer areas you get treated like ****, even if you're a business customer.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 6.15pm
actually I just confused myself there. The problem at London Bridge is probably more down to the huge number of people trying to use them at once.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 6.34pm
Graham The problem with the Lloyds at E&C is that it is run by people who should not be in charge.
It is in a tough area and has an enormous amount of problems in there each day. (Just stand and listen)
They need a better/harder management team to run it. The problem is they do not want to work there.
Given the choice Bromley type branch or E&C which would you choose if you did not live there?
Tuesday 3 November 2009 6.39pm
I used to bank at Abbey until last year. Had the same problem with the E&C branch, very poor customer service both face to face and over the phone. I know bank with Natwest at Tower Bridge, much more pleasant.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 6.43pm
Pops its the same answer. Honestly. That is why most local branches have closed down. Most residents do not have local banks and thats when the whole area goes tits up.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 9.12pm
Blimey - with this sort of rubbishing of the neighbourhood by the people who claim to like it, we're never going to get a Waitrose.
Thursday 5 November 2009 12.38am
I would have thought that the problem might be a case of the banks parachuting in 'wannabe's' to run the local se1 branches, when they should probably stick with real-deal se1'ers, people that are actually from here.
Thursday 5 November 2009 7.16am
Deek Most of the people who cause the confussion/problems in the Lloyds bank at E&C are not from SE1 anyway. Just go and have a look (if your branch in the city is closed) You obviously do not like the wannabe term and I promise never to use it again!!!
The real locals feel frightened when doing any bill payments or banking at the elephant.(Fact)
Thursday 5 November 2009 2.22pm
I like you, Real-SE1. You're funny.

But I am a bit confused, myself.

These people who cause the confusion and problems - are they staff? Customers? Passers-by? When we see them, what mark should we look for so that we can know whether they are from SE1?

And the fact you quote in your last paragraph, can you point me towards the survey or study from which you've sourced it?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: