Fireworks at Potters fields on Nov 5th?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 4 November 2009 1.45pm
Saw this link, but cant find any info on Council website:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events/article-23758889-umissable-fireworks-displays-guide.do

5 Nov: Street theatre entertainment from 6pm, fireworks 7pm. No parking. Potters Fields Park SE1. London Bridge tube/rail, Tower Hill tube, Tower Gateway DLR. Free. Info: southwark.gov.uk

Anyone know if this is happening - I know there is a display at Southwark Park on Thursday, which is on the Council website?
Wednesday 4 November 2009 2.45pm
Think the Standard is muddled as the blurb and timings they give would be correct for Southwark Park.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 4 November 2009 4.55pm
It was proposed for Potters Fields but has been moved to Southwark Park.
Wednesday 4 November 2009 9.51pm
Hopefully the Southwark Park display will last somewhat longer than 12 minutes this year. Last years display was a bit of a waste of time.
Thursday 5 November 2009 8.32am
The advert in the press said something about sponsorship by Potters field management perhaps that caused the confusion
Thursday 5 November 2009 3.00pm
Apparently it was meant to be at Potters Fields but Southwark did not get all the permissions in place from adjoining land owners in time. Some publicity was done prior to this, hence various listings being incorrect.
Thursday 5 November 2009 3.22pm
well perhaps if southwark hadn't allowed such development in the first place owners' permissions wouldn't be needed.
Thursday 5 November 2009 3.40pm
Everyone should be watching the fireworks from my terrace at MCH...
Friday 6 November 2009 10.32am
Just a quick note to say how good I thought the display was last night.

OK, so getting into and out of the park was utterly shambolic (the "bag checks" did amuse me...), but thought the fireworks themselves were excellent and went on for just the right amount of time.

Well done to the organisers.
Friday 6 November 2009 10.50am
we enjoyed them as well - the bag checks and searches were in place last year as well but more stringent this time around and very visable security both police and private(I guess the Event problems in the summer saw to this)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network