Bermondsey Square food market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 26
Friday 6 November 2009 3.19pm
Did anyone else receive a flyer about the food market starting on 7 November in Bermondsey Square 10am-2pm?

I wonder if it is the same stall holders as the Bermondsey Street festival on 19 September?

I shall head on down & check it out tomorrow ...
Friday 6 November 2009 3.34pm
Yes, the stalls at the September festival were a preview of the regular weekly market:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/7850

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 6 November 2009 4.28pm
This sounds great - look forward to checking it out.
Saturday 7 November 2009 10.38am
Just had a quick look. It's decent. What an addition to the area!
Saturday 7 November 2009 1.39pm
Just bought some sparkling dry cider from the Forest of Dean & veg from Kent. The sausage butties smelt wonderful! It is like a mini Borough Market without the crowds of tourists.
Saturday 7 November 2009 2.53pm
Just got back from here, and it was delightful and surprising. i don't think they'd been doing as roaring trade as they'd hoped (maybe announcing they were closing at 2 kept those lying in away?!), but i had to double check when my big bag of various vegetables for Sunday Roast was only 4.80!!

loads of variety and nice people so will definitely go back. all they need to do is get the cheese man and Ostrich lady from Borough there, and i'll have a new favourite :O)
Saturday 7 November 2009 3.27pm
Its a fantastic addition to the area. Brought lots of cheese, bread and chuckney. Oh and a christmas pud, not sure it will last till then though!!!!
Saturday 7 November 2009 4.31pm
Fabulous - lets hope everyone supports it. Lovely plant stall & one selling garden bulbs plus all the usual cheese, meat, baked goods & veg.
Saturday 7 November 2009 4.33pm
It was, indeed, very good.

And good to see so many other forum folk there.

Looking forward to my perry later.
Saturday 7 November 2009 7.44pm
I bought a gorgeous skate wing for a fiver, and two lovely organic lamb chops for 2.15 plus two lambs kidneys for....29pence! they are going to be there every week the fishmonger said. a lady asked him why he was not at the borough market today and he said he did not like ripping people off!

The skate was so fresh, it must have been caught yesterday as skate when it is fresh has a slime over it.

Wish I had purchased the vegatables there too, as the ones from tower bridge road stall was not all that fresh.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 26

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: