Two Muggings near Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 7 November 2009 3.50pm
My neighbour informed me today of two muggings in the last 4 days. One near the round about at Bricklayers Arms and the other on Grange Road. The mugging at Bricklayers was a postie (male)at 6am. Held a knife point for his wallet. The other a lady on Grange Road on Bonfire night, she went into the Queen Vic (Pages Walk) for help. Please be careful out there, see anything suspicious report it to the police.
Saturday 7 November 2009 7.47pm
Crikey thats unusual. It pays to keep your wits about you anywhere, but a postie being mugged ? incredible.I think I read last week loads of burglaries are committed on bonfire night than any other night of the year? Hope the poor girl is okay..
Saturday 7 November 2009 10.19pm
Maybe a very desperate crack-head at 6am? A postie at work isn't rich pickings.
Sunday 8 November 2009 12.55am
Blimey that's a bit too close to home - this area is generally very safe, but thanks for the warning.
Sunday 8 November 2009 10.08am
beetroot wrote:
It doesnt matter what profession someone has, they do not deserve to be mugged.
Sunday 8 November 2009 10.12am
Pops wrote:
beetroot wrote:
It doesnt matter what profession someone has, they do not deserve to be mugged.

eh? er, obviously!
for f's sake.....
Sunday 8 November 2009 11.44am
Auntie Pat Do you really think the area around the bricklayers arms roundabout is a safe area? Also postmen are easy targets. Hope they catch him and bang him up. Get this scum off the streets. This part of SE1 needs more cameras and police patrols!!
Monday 9 November 2009 2.43am
I was thinking about Grange Road, not Bricklayers Arms actually.
Whether an area is safe or not is really a subjective thing and in my view Grange Road is generally safe because it is overlooked by houses and flats and there is a lot of traffic going along it. the last time anything bad happened to me was 15 years ago and I was able to get help from the doorman at some local posh flats.
Tuesday 10 November 2009 7.33am
Auntie Pat. If you say the last time something bad happend to you personaly was 15 years ago then its BAD. Multiply that by the amount of people that live in that area. You are not on your own, people get mugged all the time.
Tuesday 10 November 2009 11.52am
Auntie Pat, I also think that the Grange Road area is pretty safe! I stagger home at all hours and have never felt unsafe!

The ONLY issue I ever had was in 2005, when a kid tried (and failed!) to grab my bag when he cycled past. And he was lucky he rode away fast - I was so furious that I probably would have beaten the little b*gger to a pulp if I'd caught him - all 5ft of me. Don't mess with little people, we're very feisty! :o)

Surely no trouble for 15 years is a sign that the area IS reasonably safe (but let's be realistic - this is central London, nowhere is completely safe!)

But I've got a friend who was mugged in a very posh road in Clapham and another who was stabbed in Lambeth so I think that muggings and this kind of thing can happen anywhere in London!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: