Gym studio on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 8 November 2009 11.47pm
Ive just noticed a new studio opened on Tower Bridge Road, part of the Maltings place offices it looks like. Anyone been in to take a look yet or know if its any good?
Tuesday 10 November 2009 9.40am
Do you mean the ground floor space by the railway arches with a big "Personal Trainer" sign?
Tuesday 10 November 2009 11.36pm
Yes, that's the one.
Wednesday 11 November 2009 6.21pm
There was a bloke on TBR this morning handing out leaflets for the gym. Its very open, I dont think I could train in a fish bowl!!!
Friday 13 November 2009 1.59pm
Bit exposed.

I like Fitness For Everybody on Weston Street. They offer personal training and Power Plate classes too. The studio is really cosy and Jane, the lady in charge, is a total sweetie. I started going a couple of years ago and have just gone back and received a fantastic welcome back.

She does injury rehab stuff as well which is great for me as I have a mild attack of "knees" in my old age and she tailors my exercises on the PowerPlate around them. Plus PowerPlate is like exercise without having to do much actual work which is a philosophy I'm very fond of.
Friday 13 November 2009 5.09pm
I use Fitness for Everybody (http://www.fitnessforeverybody.co.uk/) too and can't recommend them enough.

All the trainers are brilliant and the personal attention is second to none

I started going when I broke my ankle/ had surgery in March and was initially working out whilst still in a cast/ on crutches with Jane and the other trainers and have been going ever since.
Saturday 14 November 2009 7.25pm
Hey Guys,

My name is Harry Thomas, I am the owner of No1 Studio Training, the studio that you guys are referring too.

Just to explain a little bit about ourselves and our services. Just before I go into that, noticed that a few of you were not comfortable with the open windows, a few of my clients felt the same way, but as we are PERSONAL we can pull the blinds down making the sessions more relaxed. This has been done many times

We are a Personal Training studio that has now been opened for around 4 weeks. We offer a wide range of services, from 1on1/group Personal Training, small personal classes with no more than 5 people at one given time. We also have a therapy room here with an Osteopath, Physio, Nutritionist and a beautician on working out of it. What ever you need we can provide.

We too, also have Power Plates here. Classes have been very sucessful so far. You may have also seen the yellow straps hanging from the ceiling, this is a new peice of kit called TRX, it that may look scary but can be used by everyone, very effective and very enjoyable.

Other classes that are now running include, Yoga Fit, Kickboxing, Box Vibe(power plates+boxing)Tabata(HARDCORE)and our ultimate circuit class on saturdays at 10am.

All the staff are highly qualified and easily approachable.

Quite a big post there, if you have any more questions or fancy bookingin for a complementary session taken by myself please call me on
0207 403 6660 or email me on harry@no1fitness.co.uk.

Please check our website for info, www.no1studiotraining.co.uk

Thanks for the interest
Harry Thomas
Monday 16 November 2009 10.07am
I think you mean the No1 Studio Training which has just opened. It is FAB!! So light and airy with some good equipment. But at the same time there are blinds if you are a little shy. It is lovely and clean with a shower and a nice changing room. They SUPPLY towels and the two personal trainers are really nice and helpful. You don't need to feel inadequate - they help you find exercises that suit you and help you reach your goal. Check it out!!
Monday 16 November 2009 10.17am
* Ahem * - please note that our rules require you to be upfront about your connection to any business you write about on the forum.

Relevant connections would include, but are not limited to, being related to one of the proprietors.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 16 November 2009 2.43pm
Hi there - my two cents: I have been training with Ben, who is Harry's business partner, at No1 training studio and it's a fantastic set up and Ben happens to be the best trainer I've ever had (and I've been gyming it for about 13 years now). Full credit to the guys for having the guts to set up their own place! I don't mind the whole window thing, but have also been in while the blinds are down so can attest that this happens as requested.

Specifically in repsonse to Davies' post too - No 1's training is specifically tailored to personal requirements or old injuries etc taken into account. They also have brand new power plates.

For James Hatts' sake - I don't have any connection to the studio other than being a very happy customer of Ben's for the last 18 months! All I can say to glacier is - go along and try out for yourself!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: