Passport photo for baby in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 15 November 2009 1.54pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for getting a baby's passport photo done in SE1, please?

Thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 15 November 2009 3.30pm
There's a Chemists opposite the police station at Kennington Rd, the Lambeth North Tube end of the road, that use a normal camera to take the photo's rather than having to use a booth.
Sunday 15 November 2009 6.04pm
We took our lad to Japan when he was 6 months and faced the same issue; the least stressful way for us was to use our own camera and lie him down on the bed with white sheets behind him. Could then snap away, pick the best and alter the dimensions, etc on a computer.
Sunday 15 November 2009 7.21pm
We went to Jessops at Canary Wharf for our little girls. It cost 10 but at least we knew that it would have been accepted.
Sunday 15 November 2009 9.35pm
Is it really 50 for a baby's passport?
Sunday 15 November 2009 9.57pm
I got my passport photo done in Happy Snaps for about 5 and there used to be one by Borough Market - not sure if it's still open but worth a try?
Sunday 15 November 2009 10.12pm
Gosh Ivanhoe, why did I not know you had a baby? Where was I when this event occurred? Belated congrats from the Professor and me to you and Mrs Ivanhoe and baby Ivanhoe...
Sunday 15 November 2009 11.27pm
Ivanhalf ?
Monday 16 November 2009 1.42pm
She's got some growing to do before she gets to be Ivanhalf. At present, she's a much smaller fraction.

Thanks for the comments. Any more suggestions welcomed.

Jonathan K: (I'm a bit of a computer-photo newbie), if you wanted to give any more details about how you got the sizing and printing right when you did your own photos, that would be great, thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 16 November 2009 1.42pm
It's definitely worth having the picture taken by someone who knows what the passport office will/won't accept. Although it's a while back now, we had huge frustration getting the right picture of our 2 week old for her passport. After much twisting and contortions in a photo booth, we were sent back twice by the passport office and had to get the picture re-done and signed all ove again. CAM pharmacy opposite Kennington Road Police station eventually came up with the right one.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: