Evans Bicycle shop - does anyone like them?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 20 March 2002 11.47am
I had the back wheel of my bike nicked the other day. I went to Evans on the Cut and they couldn't fit me in until 2 April. I went round the corner to London Bicycle repairs on Hatfields and they were really friendly and offered to do it while I waited. Other times when I've been into Evans they have been snooty. Also all their bikes seem to cost vast amounts. I've decided never to go there again. Have others had similar experiences and who else apart from London Bicycle repair Co and Recycling at the Elephant are friendly/helpful/inexpensive?

P.S. Since then, one of my neighbours has found his bike, which was nicked at the same time, and my wheel at a stall on Brick Lane market. With the help of the Police he got both back. So, if your bike gets nicked in SE1, you might want to go up to E1 and have a look for it.
Ste
Wednesday 20 March 2002 1.37pm
Are you Natalie in disguise ?
Wednesday 20 March 2002 2.20pm
No. I thought you'd have guessed this from my lack of reference to the decor. Re-reading my message it does sound a bit petulant about an SE1 institution, what I was trying to find out was other people's experience of bicycle shops in SE1. For instance what's the one near London Bridge like and isn't there one somewhere on the Albert embankment?
Mark
Thursday 21 March 2002 2.44pm
David, don't back pedal. I have a bike that is higher maintenance than my girlfriend and this is useful info. I usually go to Islington, I heard about On Yer Bike but hadn't been there.
Friday 22 March 2002 2.32pm
I work near to a cycle shop which I understand from work colleagues is OK - Action Bikes, St Bride Street, Ludgate Circus.
Monday 25 March 2002 3.41pm
I went to On Yer Bike on Tooley Street years ago when I was cycling to work and the pedal fell off my bike. They not only fixed it straight away but didn't charge me.

I've since discovered the owner sits on the board of Better Bankside - an organisation aimed at improving the area through public and private funding.

So, as a shop that did me a favour and cares about the area, it gets my approval.
bm
Tuesday 9 April 2002 10.56am
no: they are rude, over priced, don\\\'t care about anything else except for top wack mountain bikes etc..
Tuesday 9 April 2002 10.19pm
evans at west croydon are very pleasant...
Wednesday 10 April 2002 12.25pm
bit of a long walk with a flat tyre!
Friday 19 April 2002 2.54pm
Well, I've just picked up my repaired bike from the London Bicycle repair shop in Hatfields and I can thoroughly reccommend them.

James
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network