Anyone here lives in Charlotte Court? (burglar alarm woes!)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 24 November 2009 7.21pm
I'm not sure if anyone here is a resident within charlotte court (Old Kent Road) but I'm trying desperately to ascertain a flat number within the block that has a burglar alarm that goes off every time it rains! I live in a block of flats on Townsend street (laurel apartments) which overlooks the flat - so I'm woken at night every time the damn thing goes off.

The flat appears to be at the far corner of the block, facing inwards toward the car park (furtherest from the side entry gates) and is on the ground and first floor (the cursed alarm is a white box on the first floor, which can be seen from the car park).

I'd appreciate any help here as I'm liaising with Southwark Council Noise Abatement and the service agents (GTC) to get this resolved.

Many thanks,

Thursday 26 November 2009 9.58am
I live in Mason St, next time it goes off I`ll try and drag myself out of bed to have a look out the window.
Thursday 26 November 2009 1.47pm
The flat numbering at Charlotte Court is a bit random. The staircase at the far end of the carpark has Flats 1, 2, 9, 15, 16 and 23. I'm in a different bit of the building, but in my bit the flat numbers generally get higher the further up in the building the flats are. So probably the one you want is flat 1 or flat 2.
Thursday 26 November 2009 2.17pm

I managed to get through to the agents GTC and they've since been in touch with the absentee landlord (who at first denied any fault!). The landlord agreed to stay a couple of nights to 'experience' - low and behold it went off on Tuesday night at 3am, they 'experienced' and have since disarmed the alarm- so hopefully a quiet night in bed from now on!

Thanks for the flat number ADT - hasn't this been bugging any other Charlotte Court Residents?

Friday 27 November 2009 1.17am
Glad to hear the alarm's been disabled.

I remember when Charlotte Court was known as the Deaf School! In my day it housed the school careers office and various other ILEA departments. There were 3 options given to girls back then - nursing teaching or office work!
Friday 27 November 2009 9.16pm
I remember the deaf and dumb school late 60`s, and I was sent there when it was a careers office, 70`s, complete waste of time, I have always found my own jobs. Never thought I`d end up living opposite. I also remember going with my grandfather to the labour exchange in Pillar House, which is now a Hotel and Chinese Restaurant.
Friday 27 November 2009 10.37pm
Thanks you so much for sorting this dadadrummer.

My flat in Augustus Court beside Laurel Apartments faces Charlotte Court and I had assumed that that alarm was random different cars nearby so so glad its not going to annoy us anymore.

Re the deaf/school thing have you noticed that above one of the bricked up entrances on Townsend Street you can still make out 'Deaf Boys'

Does anyone knows if/when the new trees arrive and the rest of the planting gets done since they've revamped that bit on Townsend Street between Laurel and the primary school and Old Kent Road? Have they shelved the living wall bit?
Saturday 28 November 2009 7.22pm
I'd like to know that too. It was supposed to be a 9 month project. I'm down the road on Elsted Street.

Also, has anyone heard when the apartment building on Comus Place will begin?,news,1620,251,00.htm

I see some of the other sites, e.g. St Georges Road, have already started.

It would be good to have that derelict eye sore cleared away.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: