SE1 Indian Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Tuesday 24 November 2009 10.50pm
Right. Second post, and down to some serious business. Can anybody advise a decent Indian that offers delivery in/around SE1? I moved in a few months back and have worked my way though the daily onslaught of takeaway menus that come through everyday and am yet to find a good one. I've had a quick search on the forum, but can;t find much, so, anybody have any good suggestions?

Thanks.
Wednesday 25 November 2009 2.23am
I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere, but I would recommend Mumbai at Dockhead. Yum!
Wednesday 25 November 2009 8.44am
Auntie Pat is right...there are some rather passionate views on this subject already on this forum :)
ahh here it is!
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/111954/page=1

For me it's Nawaz on Snowfields (in fact had it last night...YUM!). I also like Tower Tandoori but it is pricy. The food I've had from both has always been delicious. You can draw your own conclusions on Simply Indian...but for me, given the other good options, it doesn't seem worth the bother.
Wednesday 25 November 2009 1.12pm
another vote for Nawaz - very good, quick friendly delivery and reasonably priced. although my one criticism is that they aren't the hottest (not like in temperature but hot as in spicy) curries around, so I usually ask for mine a bit hotter when I order.
Wednesday 25 November 2009 1.43pm
I'd recommend the Mango Tree as being the best I've tried. I hadnt used them before about 3 months ago, but the food is great.

Tower Tandoori would be my second choice. Better value for money, but not quite as good quality.

Simply Indian used to be good, but I no longer order from there as the portions are getting smaller, whilst the prices are getting higher!

I've not tried Cafe Nawaz.
Wednesday 25 November 2009 3.02pm
Nawaz

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 25 November 2009 6.14pm
Simply Indian for modern Indian and Cafe Nawaz when we want more traditional indian dishes! :o)
Wednesday 25 November 2009 6.27pm
Excellent. Thanks everybody. I've not tried any of the ones that have been mentioned. The menus all look good, but I especially liked this quote on the Mumbai website:

Quote:
"The food is great" - Father Alan - The Most Holy Trinity Church Dockhead

Fine praise indeed =]

Now, just need to decide which to try first!

Many thanks.
Wednesday 25 November 2009 7.15pm
go for Cafe Nawaz...never had a bad meal from there but Simply Indian is one to avoid judging from opinions on this site
Thursday 26 November 2009 12.12am
Nawaz is good. Anyone used Truly Indian?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: