Royal Mail woes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 30 November 2009 11.59am
I had a card through my letterbox on 7/11 saying I'd missed the man delivering my package. I have been back to the mandela way depot several times, and they told me they haven't received it yet! They say causal deliverers were working that weekend, and it didn't get returned to them.

Anyone else not gotten mail/packages from over that weekend?

Everyone is blaming everyone else, as usual.
Monday 30 November 2009 12.05pm
No but I am waiting on two packages, both sent on 21/11, both probably small enough to fit through the letterbox. Looks like I'll have to be a lot more patient...
Monday 30 November 2009 12.10pm
I am so annoyed. They gave me a number but no one picks up. I fear the next time I go, they'll hand me the 'kiss of death' claims form- which means they can't be bothered to care anymore.
Monday 30 November 2009 2.15pm
I've stopped ordereing from companies who use RM for their deliveries. Its just a waste of everyone's time in this area.
Monday 30 November 2009 3.36pm
I'm still waiting for a birthday card from my mother (in Worcester), it was my birthday on Nov 9th, and she posted it two weeks early because she knew about the strikes, and our own personal postal problems in this are.
Monday 30 November 2009 6.33pm
Urbanite has the right idea - must make a mental note during this ordering season.
Monday 30 November 2009 7.13pm
I have found that the redelivery service using the internet works. Only once did a parcel 'disappear' and I discovered that it had been 'returned to sender'. I made a few phone calls and tried to claim back my postage costs as I had entered into a contract with them and they had not abided by that contract. It was at this point I found out they have limited liability for delivering both letters and parcels. So, they can take the money off you, but they won't guarantee they'll deliver it!
Monday 30 November 2009 10.42pm
I've been suffering similar problems (see

I'd almost given my special delivery package up for lost, but it eventually arrived a week late. When I signed for it I mentioned that I'd been waiting a while to which the chap replied "Well, that's the Royal Mail, isn't it?".

I also sent myself six letters between the 21st and the 28th. To date only three have arrived, taking an average of three days to get from SE1 to SE1 with a first-class stamp.

Tuesday 1 December 2009 6.05pm
My bank statement (sent 9/10th of the month) is still outstanding - something definitely went awry with our deliveries around the time the strike ended ... I'm wondering about unofficial 'work (ha!) to rule' or something - the Mandela Way depot would appear to be one of the more militant
Tuesday 1 December 2009 8.52pm
Got both my packages today.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: