Elephant Tesco

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 16
Thursday 4 March 2004 11.27pm
Why is the Elephant and Castle Tesco so infernally bad?
Friday 5 March 2004 12.31am
Couldn't agree more. I now go to Tesco in Old Kent Rd. or Safeway in Walworth Rd. Much bigger -- and fresher -- selection.
And the baskets in Tesco elephant are always filthy and they don't stock robinsons lemon squash any more. That reminds me, I think I'll have a pint of lemon squash now. Delicious.
Friday 5 March 2004 12.53am
Blimey - Elephant Tesco must be bad if the OK Road one is considered better....

(Love the acronym OK Road.)

Friday 5 March 2004 9.53am
Elephant Tesco is execrable. OK Road is Waitrose in comparison. (And Canary Wharf Waitrose is like heaven, particularly if driving past...)
Friday 5 March 2004 10.06am
Canary Wharf Waitrose. Sigh. Love it. Can't bear to go to Tesco after a visit....
If I can't get out there, I tend to go to Tesco on Kennington Lane, its almost bearable..
Friday 5 March 2004 10.11am
But why do the staff at OK Road have to be so awful - do they have a special training course "It would be a lovely job apart from the Customers 101" that they all have to go through?
Friday 5 March 2004 10.40am
Canary Wharf waitrose has a very strong hold on some. My friend spent 10 minutes yesterday extolling it's virtues.....

However, he goes with his girlfriend and 2 children. After filling the trolley, the adults have a glass of wine while they allow the kids to chomp through the unpaid-for shopping !

Cheeky!
Friday 5 March 2004 10.44am
Its not cheeky, it's called stealing if they don't pay for it!

Since discovering that CW Waitrose stock Green & Blacks ice cream [their chocolate is heavenly] I have haunted the place.
Friday 5 March 2004 11.14am
Jane,

I didn't want to elevate my story to a "dilemma", as last time prople thought I was spoofing.

(selling booze to alkies at midnight)

Kevin
Friday 5 March 2004 11.30am
can you have a glass of wine at this supermarket before you get throught the checkouts????

[that really would be a SUPERmarket!]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: