35mm photo processing and printing - any recommendations please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.23am
Hello there,
I have a number of 35mm films that have been sitting around for years and I really want to get them processed and printed, and probably scanned on to CD/DVD too.

Could anybody please personally recommend a business in the Southwark or Blackfriars sort of an area that does this?

Good quality work but not toooo pricey ;o)

Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.27am
There's Silverprint in Valentine's Place (just off Blackfriars Rd, near Webber St. junction). But, they are serious photographers' suppliers and I have been told that they are top of the game on that score, so probably won't be cheap but worth a call perhaps.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.35am
Thanks for that, I had a look and they are 6 per print! eek, but then they are all done by hand ;o)

I was hoping for processing and printing for not more than 10 really...
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.40am
Hmm, I had a feeling they were the Rolls Royce of printing and processiong.

There's always Colourama (Colorama, maybe) on Webber St. They used to have a shop on Lancaster St but they closed it (sorry, that wasn't very helpful, was it?)
Tuesday 1 December 2009 11.58am
try city pharmacy on 39 Borough High street
Tuesday 1 December 2009 12.11pm
Thanks La Martinet, might look there.

And Nigel too. Have you had any photos done there though? As pharmacy processing can be a bit too shove in and see...
Tuesday 1 December 2009 12.42pm
as snappy snaps london bridge is no longer, i went to the branch just over waterloo bridge on the strand.
here is a link snappy snaps
the result was ok and they scan it on to a cd if you like.
as they are franchises, the quality varies, but try one film and see maybe.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 2.13pm
I used city pharmacy for a decade until I went digital.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 4.48pm
It is not SE1 but I have used RG Lewis in Southampton Row, just north of Holborn tube. A lot of professionals buy their kit there and they try to use good quality developers and printers. not sure about price these days.
Wednesday 2 December 2009 10.06am
B&W rolls or colour rolls?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: