Recommendation for carpenter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 1 December 2009 9.34pm
In case anyone needs a carpenter, whether for built-in wardrobes/units or just general carpentry, I can highly recommend one.

We've just had a Scottish guy called Ian come up and build us a massive built-in unit for our lounge. We live in a Victorian mansion block, so the walls take some funny angles, but he has built us a lovely, massive unit for an amazing price. He quoted us an excellent (and I am tight!) price, asked us what we wanted, made a drawing and then came back a couple of weeks later and built us that unit. I will always find fault but yet it was like art watching it go up; I am so tight yet did not begrudge the man one penny. He turned up on time each day and completed all work within the necessary timeframe. He was very friendly, tidy and hardworking.

His name is Iain Parker and his number is 07990 594 995. I am no relation BTW and have nothing to do with him other than being a very satisfied customer.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 9.54pm
Gavin, I don't need a carpenter right now, but it's always heartwarming, in this day and age, to hear of someone who is both competent and reliable. Having worked for most of my life in service industries, I quickly learnt that if you make a hundred people happy, then one other person might get to hear about it. But, make one person unhappy and a hundred people will get to hear of it!
I'm sure Ian will be delighted that you have made the effort to sing his praises.
Long may he benefit from it.
Tuesday 1 December 2009 10.32pm
i tell you what, chalkey, let me draw this comparison; I have recently had trouble with my car and it really, really hurt me to put my hand in my pocket and stump up the money for that. I didn't begrudge Iain a penny of his money as he earned every single bit (and more) and the end product was proper quality and built to last!
Wednesday 2 December 2009 7.59am
Those who are long term posters on the Forum know that my wonderful guys Mariuz and Artur are terrific builders. They have done numerous jobs in SE1 and I set them on their way connecting them to the Forum. Everyone who has used them has been delighted and has passed them on. Reliable recommendations are priceless.
Monday 15 March 2010 10.34pm
Thanks Gavin, we took advantage of your recommendation and had Iain put in french doors for us a few weeks ago. He gave us a great price and did a brilliant job. I would highly recommend him!
Tuesday 16 March 2010 9.47am
Hi Billy P, glad to hear that Iain did a good job. He is certainly a talented craftsman.
Wednesday 17 March 2010 5.59pm
Gavin. I thought real craftmen had died off some time ago. I therefore pleased to read of your experience and may give Iain a go as I need work done in my house.

Gary

Gary Bland
http://www.garybland.org
Wednesday 17 March 2010 6.31pm
He's very good, Gary. A true craftsman, although if I carry on at this rate I will want commission from Iain!
Sunday 6 February 2011 6.40pm
Had need of Iain's services again last week. Made a floor-to-ceiling cupboard with coat-rail and shelves and sliding doors. Another excellent job done in just two days!
Wednesday 23 February 2011 11.48pm
It's about time I recommended Francis Darbishire carpenter on this forum after employing him to do a wide range of jobs for me in Perronet House over the last three years. He's just finished my kitchen, made from plywood, MDF and beautiful oak stave worktops. His attention to detail is amazing and his frustration with my wobbly walls perfectly fair, but also ultimately resolved. Previously he's fitted doors, created walk in wardrobes, boxed in pipes around the skirting and fiddled around repairing a dodgy 1960s sliding door. His work's not only great, but it's also a pleasure to encourage him to pause for tea (he takes it black no sugar) and discuss what's been on Radio 4 that afternoon (he's something of an aficionado for that channel). He's based in East Dulwich but travels. Website here: http://www.francisdarbishire.co.uk
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: