Podiatrist?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 2 December 2009 5.24pm
I'm looking for someone, preferably within easy reach of London Bridge/Borough, who can sort out some problems I'm having with an ankle/foot. I was seeing a podiatrist but the level of care was ludicrously low, so I'm looking for a recommendation. It would be handy if anyone responding can give me an idea of cost, too!
Zoe
Wednesday 2 December 2009 5.41pm
You sound like you want to go private, but the NHS has a self referral podiatrist service on Grange Road. They are very good, but you wait a while for an appointment.
Wednesday 2 December 2009 5.45pm
Try London Footcare Centre just off Guy's Hospital. Tel: 0208 403 2571. I just been there last week seeing a guy called Keith. I have had 2 appointments with him and so far so good.
Friday 4 December 2009 1.04pm
I haven't been to Keith but quite a few friends have & all say he is excellent
Friday 4 December 2009 1.14pm
NHS Podiatrist is actually at 94 Alscot Road
Tel: 020 3049 7900

http://www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/our_services/foot_health
Saturday 5 December 2009 4.25pm
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been to the place on Alscot Road, but was unhappy with the treatment I received there. I'll try the Footcare Centre, I think.
Zoe
Sunday 6 December 2009 8.38am
How much is a private podiatrist? (just in case I need to see someone about my planter facilitis).
Sunday 6 December 2009 9.00pm
Zoe wrote:
How much is a private podiatrist? (just in case I need to see someone about my planter facilitis).
I'd be interested too, and for the same reason! (is it contagious???)
Monday 7 December 2009 9.04am
Plantar fasciitis is a very very painful condition. I had it underneath my heel for a long time. When your walking no pain, when you sit down thats when my pain started. they can inject it with steroids apparently but the condition takes longer to heal. Nurofen type drugs help.
I used to protect my heel with a cheap foam inner sole cut into a heel shape and taped on..

just looked on the site and it reminded me that when you first start to walk the pain starts...and wears off within a few steps..
Monday 7 December 2009 9.16am
Actually the patient co.uk has some brilliant excercises for it, wish I had the internet when I was younger! would have saved a lot of hassle...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: