Cold Callers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 3 December 2009 5.21pm
What is to be done about cold callers asking me if I need my credit card debt paid off?
Thursday 3 December 2009 5.58pm
On the bright side you can let off steam by shouting 'F&%$ off' as they're all automated.

"Why not take advantage of a government backed scheme to p..............." P*** off!
Thursday 3 December 2009 6.37pm

tho I still get calls from India about once per day.
Thursday 3 December 2009 11.01pm
Yes indeed Phoney, I do absolutely reel off the expletives, but it's so unrewarding to yell at a recording. Thanks Marcadams I'll give that a go.
Friday 4 December 2009 12.39am
Try this...
Should you detect a moment's hesitation (difficult, I know) you should instantly start pressing the Hash key as if it were your last hope. It buggers up their "systems" apparently. It has worked for me apart from the time I told my poor grey wizzened old mum to stick it where the sun don't shine. She questioned my existence.
Pip pip xxx
Monday 7 December 2009 9.19am
The hash key sounds good. I also keep an old fashioned police whistle by the telephone and if it is an actual person on the other end, blow it very hard. Seems to work.
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Monday 7 December 2009 9.22am
We even get these calls on direct lines at work...
Monday 7 December 2009 11.03am
We had one of these a few weeks ago who rang back about four times at which point my colleague blew a very loud whistle down the line and got rid of them.
Holiday flat in Barcelona

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: