Restaurant recommendation needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 8 December 2009 8.37pm
Help! Can anyone recommend a restaurant between Bloomsbury and Westminster. I'm organising a meal in middle of the afternoon for a group of work colleagues after a meeting in Westminster and before tenpin bowling in Bloomsbury. We're a middle-aged lot and any cuisine would be fine - though not too expensive. Any advice welcome.
Wednesday 9 December 2009 7.21am
what about busaba thai in store street?
busaba

or there are some restaurants in the newly refurbished brunswick centre just off russel square.
Wednesday 9 December 2009 8.34am
I second Busuba Eathai! Their calamari is honestly the best in the WHOLE world. Really!
Wednesday 9 December 2009 10.47am
Thirded! But I didn't think it was particularly cheap.

Also, I reckon Shaghai Blues on High Holborn to be the absolute best Chinese in town. The a la carte is not cheap (but worth it as a treat) but they do a very good and reasonable-for-the-quality set price lunch. http://www.shanghaiblues.co.uk/
Wednesday 9 December 2009 11.07am
Why dont you eat inside the bowling alley they have a good menu and no travelling after
Wednesday 9 December 2009 6.02pm
Thanks for all your recommendations, I will look into them. I have also been recommended Old Amalfi on Southampton Row, has anyone any experience of them?
Thanks
Wednesday 9 December 2009 7.13pm
La Martinet wrote:
Thirded! But I didn't think it was particularly cheap.
Also, I reckon Shaghai Blues on High Holborn to be the absolute best Chinese in town. The a la carte is not cheap (but worth it as a treat) but they do a very good and reasonable-for-the-quality set price lunch. http://www.shanghaiblues.co.uk/

Shaghai Blues? Sounds like joining the mile high club then regretting it later!
Thursday 10 December 2009 9.56am
Ha ha, love it! Quite glad I didn't spot my typo now!
Thursday 10 December 2009 2.40pm
Probably slightly further afield - Fairuz on Blandford Street. Lebanese, family restaurant
Thursday 10 December 2009 5.12pm
Look at 32 Great Queen street, offshoot of the Anchor and Hope, but you can book. it is so good you might not get to the bowling

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: