Carpenter to fit wardrobes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 December 2009 7.37am
Hi all, hoping that you will be able to help me with a recommendation. I am in the process of buying a flat and need to find a local carpenter to build and fit some wardrobes and fit a new kitchen. Anyone used a carpenter that they can recommend?
Thursday 10 December 2009 8.37am
Lovely, professional, decent and all round good egg John Grace - 07783-605845 He'll do you a first class job. Tell him Jackie sent you.
Thursday 10 December 2009 10.07am
I had a guy come recently called Iain Parker. He came and looked at the space, asked us what we wanted, drew plans there and then (and amended them to our requirements). He then came back and built the whole thing from floor to ceiling, wall to wall, supplying all materials, etc. It looks absolutely amazing and it is pure craftsmanship. His prices were amazing too and he was clean, tidy, reliable and did everything he promised to an exceptional standard. We were thrilled with his work.

Ian's number is 07990 594 995. I am no relation BTW and have nothing to do with him other than being a very satisfied customer.
Thursday 10 December 2009 11.25am
Thanks so much Jackie and Gavin, much appreciated. I will contact John and Ian and get quotes from them.
Monday 14 December 2009 9.56am
Try Cupboards By Design a local firm with over 20 years experience. Highly recommended bespoke service.
www.cupboardsbydesign.co.uk
Tuesday 30 March 2010 3.50pm
This was great timing for me as I was also looking for a carpenter in January to build some wardrobes in my flat. I called and got quotes from all of the above. In the end I went with Iain as he gave me the most competitive quote. He has done a great job, exceeding expectations and creating a fab built in wardrobe in a really difficult space. He is also amazingly clean and tidy, leaving the space immaculate every evening; friendly and trustworthy - I gave him my keys to come and go while I was at work; punctual; communacative; hard working - basically everything you could ask for from a carpenter in your home. I have since asked him to do a couple of other tricky jobs for me and he has come up trumps. Couldn't recomend him enough.
Monday 7 June 2010 8.47pm
Just called Iain Parker, he was really polite and personable on the phone. He also seemed to be very organised. Although he is booked up untill August, he suggested coming to my property to view and discuss requirements next Tuesday, draw up plans and discuss materials to be used, after which the work will commence in August. Considering how many people I have called concerning the carpentery work that needs to be done in my flat, Iain has so far been the most focused and sensible. I will come back to this forum after the work has been completed to give an update. Thanks to all those who recommended Iain Parker.
Monday 7 June 2010 10.17pm
Don't buy on price alone - you'll use them everyday, and if they're shoddy, you'll be reminded what a cheapskate you are every day. Indulge yourself in some quality, and reward yourself every day.
Thursday 9 October 2014 10.13am
FYI Iain Parker doesn't do work in London anymore.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: