168 bus route to OKR Tesco

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 December 2009 10.19pm
hi, sorry for my rant, but i'm hoping there are some other 168 bus travellers who are fed up with this service being terminated at bricklayers arms. i wait upto 15/20mins for this bus at holborn, specifically to get me to tesco okr/home in one go, then i'm told "the destination of this bus has changed" half way through the journey, several times in the last few weeks. please make a complaint to london buses/arriva if you can. thanks.
Monday 14 December 2009 5.20pm
I'm with you darrenm

In the months after they extended the 168 to Tesco, they regularly terminated early at Elephant or at Bricklayers. I complained at the time.

I noticed they were doing the same in October/November this year during all the roadworks at Waterloo and on the New Kent Road, but the short stopping seems to have continued even now that the roadworks are mostly complete.

It is not unusual for 40 or so people to get dumped on the pavement and have to fight their way onto already overcrowded buses behind.

Tip 1:
You don't need to pay again on the next bus, even if you are using Pay As You Go. If the destination of the bus changed during the journey, you can ask the driver for a transfer ticket. I often wish all 40 people did, as the time taken would be about the same as driving to Tesco.

Tip2:
You can complain to customerservices@tfl-buses.co.uk It helps if you have the time the bus terminated and the running number of the bus which is usually on a yellow plate near the front or rear doors. The 168's running numbers all start AR followed by a number.
Monday 14 December 2009 10.05pm
It isn't just the 168. There's a bit of an epidemic of this going on, across all of London's buses - buses terminating before the destination stated on the front at the time I got on.

I've really noticed it happening a lot over the past few weeks, and now board a bus dreading the (already annoying) robot-woman intoning "The destination of this bus has changed..."

I'd love to know what the explanation is, assuming there is one.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 12.53am
It is particularly irritating when the 168 stops at the Bricklayers - and it can only save a couple of minutes at the most, being only two stops from its destination!

the explanation usually trotted out is that the bus is late so it turns round early to get back on time in its next journey.

I get annoyed by the robot woman telling us the bus is being held briefly to regulate the service. Always happens when I'm late! Grrr!
Tuesday 15 December 2009 7.06pm
I know its really annoying, but sometimes if they don`t turn the buses, the driver would end up going over there driving hours.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 10.24pm
janny, appreciate your point, but i personally thought that catching a bus to the destination on the front of the bus was the whole point of a "bus service". whilst i respect that drivers need not to work over their "normal" hours,this "red tape" seems to give one person (the driver, or the controller) total priority over thousands of bus users every day, inconveniencing us unacceptably. in addition may i mention that the annual bus pass is increasing from 552 to 664 per annum - over a 20% increase !! somebody is taking the p*ss. sorry. fellow bus users keep complaining please.
Wednesday 16 December 2009 8.13am
I'd like to know why BusRobotWoman states that Driscoll House New Kent Road is...
Tower Bridge Road!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: