ZipCars or StreetCars?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 December 2009 1.31pm
Needing occasionally something more than a sports car so thinking of using ZipCars or StreetCar for my second car (for family trips, moving furniture, picking up large purchases) using them about once every 3 - 4 months.

Anyone had any experiences to drive it one way or the other? Both have bays close enough to me to make that no different. The cars seem much the same spec and the prices within cooeee...
Monday 14 December 2009 5.14pm
I've not joined yet, but I phoned srreetcar, and you can get a free 2 week trial sometimes if you ask nicely.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 9.28am
I signed up to Streetcar - what I didn't realise until I'd made my first online booking is that by default if you book online you'll get an automatic transmission rather than a manual. Not sure if Zipcar is the same?
Tuesday 15 December 2009 10.02am
You might find this existing thread useful:

Maybe they can even be merged?
Tuesday 15 December 2009 4.43pm
I've been usinf zipcars for about 2 months. No complaints so far, so would recommend them.
Friday 18 December 2009 7.46am
If it's any help, I've been a member of both. We signed up for Zipcar last year because we were travelling to Canada and as their membership is portable to Canada, US, etc we figured that if we needed to hire a car whilst travelling, we could do it through their system more cheaply and with less hassle than a usual car rental place. In the end, we never did use them at all.

We have been members of Streetcar for about 2 years. I happen to like the simplicity of their service - I am more interested in having a car that gets me from A to B, rather than being able to select from a variety of cars (as you can with Zip). I have not had any complaints about Streetcar and as a happy member would refer them.

MacUser is right about the offers. I happen to have seen Streetcar people handing out coupons recently (at London Bridge and elsewhere I think) which should be good for some form of driving credit. Also just do a Google search and I am sure you'll come up with a range of new member offers.

Or you could get any of the brilliant SE1 existing members who have posted to refer you and both you and the existing member should get some sort of benefit :-)

Hope this helps?

~ Bluefish

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: