What happened to the Silver Sea Chinese?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 2.02pm
I hope that someone may be able to help ease my curiosity!

My family were customers at the Silver Sea chinese restaurant on Abbey Street since I was a baby, and earlier this year we went to get our (much needed)takeaway only to find the shop all bordered up :(

I was wondering if anyone knew what happened? The family were lovely, and the food was unlike any chinese food I've ever had. We'll never find a worthy replacement, unless somebody makes my day and tells me that they've simply moved premises!!
Tuesday 15 December 2009 6.19pm
they went Bankrupt ;0(...... my mum was always there when i was a kid (over 20 year ago)loved it best chips ever lol was very sad to see it closing down
Wednesday 16 December 2009 9.03am
That is so sad :(

I know what you mean, I'm 25 and my parents have been going there since at least 1985!! I can't believe they went bankrupt, if I'd have known I'd have made sure to go in once a week minimum!

Thanks for solving the mystery for me
Wednesday 16 December 2009 1.59pm
I heard the lease expired and they left because of that as it was too expensive for them to renew/continue???
Wednesday 16 December 2009 3.53pm
That wouldn't surprise me either, but its a nuisance! Gonna miss them so much, another part of my childhood that has disappeared :(
Wednesday 23 December 2009 12.52am
The property was bought from the Council a couple of years ago by a private property speculation company along with Royal Taxis at 150 to 156. It was then sold on to another property developer and then another who refurbished it rather well as a family house with patio garden and sold it a few weeks ago for about half a million.

We knew the tenants were going to get the push sooner or later but we never knew when and one day they were there as usual and the next gone. They never said where or put up a sign or anything.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: