Under-5 swine flu vaccination

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 4.22pm
I thought parents of young children might be interested to know that GPs and Southwark PCT have now agreed terms for the vaccination of under-5s. I understand that GPs started vaccinations yesterday.

My daughter was vaccinated yesterday after I asked for an appointment. I am not sure whether parents receive an invitation or have to request the vaccine.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 5.01pm
Question does someone know how secure these vacinations are? In my home country they have an issue that doctors and nurses refuse to take them as they are not tested the way it should have be done (apparently) and it is a fact that they do have quicksilver in it which is not healthy at all.
Does someone else know anything about that?
Tuesday 15 December 2009 7.49pm
Had my swine flu jab several weeks ago (ambulance service so sorta needed it asap). Know a few of my workmates who were a bit dubious about having it , but went ahead anyways as they were afraid they may pick it up themselves , then go home and pass it on to there kids.

(swine flu is a lot more dangerous for those under 40 ..unlike seasonal flu which is normally more serious in those over 40 or with conditions like COAD , asthma etc)

The jab itself was painless , but i did wake up the next day feeling as if i had been hit with a baseball bat at the site of the injection (seems a common side effect) , some of my workmates did feel very ill for about two days after

This link explains more :

NHS staff and swine flu jab

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: