London College of Communication to close?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
graham Friday 25 December 2009 8.19pm
But what about the Heidelburg?
jackie rokotnitz Saturday 26 December 2009 2.12pm
what ABOUT Heidelberg?
JayBee Saturday 26 December 2009 2.46pm
The Heidelberg is an enormous printing press with twelve colours. There is just the one at the college, but quite a number at Anton printworks in Essex.
jackie rokotnitz Sunday 27 December 2009 12.50pm
WOW!
geoff holman Tuesday 29 December 2009 5.20pm
The large printing press was the one that used to be used for printing such eminent newspapers such as 'Reveille' It was installed in parts and holes had to be cut in the floors to accommodate the height. It was a black and white roll fed machine using metal litho plates and was run about once a term as it was so expensive in materials to run. As it is/was an outdated process it was only shown off to students as an historical machine. It really needs to go to a museum environment, but due to its size, I doubt if there is anywhere which would house it.
jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 30 December 2009 7.49am
How big is big?
Davies Thursday 31 December 2009 7.06pm
beetroot wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious. 44 students in workshops with 8 machines doesn't work. Half the students so dumb that those that actually have A levels worth having feel like they've gone back to primary school in lectures.

Don't know what course you were on Beetroot but everyone on the short 3DS Max course I was on was very bright and mostly postgrad.

I was after the one year part time 3D Animation course and I was pretty devastated I couldn't get a place because I found out about it too late. It looked pretty good and actually affordable.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions