El Vergel at Webber Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
adam_smith Friday 18 December 2009 12.35pm
hi,

Has anyone been into El Vergel since it moved to Webber Street / Southwark Bridge Road?

Seen it open at lunchtimes but not seen it open for dinner at all yet?

cheers.
emmab Friday 18 December 2009 1.59pm
Haven't tried anything as each time I've been in, it's closed despite the door being open! They close at 3pm each day and apparently have no plans to open in the evenings which is a shame as it would be lovely and not much competition nearby.
emmab Monday 21 December 2009 10.18pm
On the evening of posting this, I went past El Vergel and saw it packed with evening diners! Not sure if this was just a Christmas function but may be worth checking as there is another thread running about variable opening hours and it appears that it might be a bit experimental at the moment.
James Hatts Saturday 16 January 2010 2.28pm
I see they are now open on Saturday evenings

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
williamn Sunday 17 January 2010 7.51pm
It seemed to be closed this morning, shame, it would be a nice place for brunch on Sunday.
boomshake Monday 18 January 2010 10.51pm
anyone know the actual opening times?
Bel Ludovic Tuesday 19 January 2010 5.46pm
It always amazes me that some businesses don't update their websites regularly, and some don't put opening times on there at all. (Although at least El Vergel has a website... some businesses don't even have that!)
williamn Tuesday 19 January 2010 5.59pm
Yeah, its a very simple thing, and once someone has made the effort to go there to find it closed you're unlikely to make the effort again!
eDWaRD WooDWaRD Tuesday 19 January 2010 9.26pm
williamn wrote:
Yeah, its a very simple thing, and once someone has made the effort to go there to find it closed you're unlikely to make the effort again!

I walked past today but didn't see any opening times on the door either...
ssimps01 Wednesday 20 January 2010 12.23pm
They seem to open at 8 weekdays - and aren't open in the evening yet.

They open around 10:30ish on Saturday, and are open until some indefinite hour in the evening.

The place feels like the private indulgence of the owners. Maybe they'll open, maybe they won't, maybe you'll get served today, maybe you won't.

But if you can live with the relaxed attitude then the food is great and really cheap.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions