Shad Thames area pubs/bars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 6 March 2004 1.02pm
Not noticed anyone posting about the closure of the circle bar, but then I never noticed many poeple in there. Anyone know about its likely future?

All Bar One seems to be getting a makeover - perhaps it will be more individual after? Oh well, perhaps not.

Kings Arms has gone red and looked nice when I cycled by yesterday. I hope more people will use it now (including me). Anyone been in yet?
Al
Saturday 6 March 2004 1.36pm
Yes, we were in there Thursday night. It's been taken over and as you say had a revamp and are doing food in the evenings. Seemed OK - had a chat with the friendly owner - and certainly looks a lot better than it used to.

Surprised the Circle bar lasted as long as it did.
Monday 8 March 2004 9.30am
Enjoyed a pint in the Kings Arms last night. Ruddles is on tap and the service friendly. Music initially seemed a tad loud for a Sunday night but after a few minutes seemed 'just about right'. Worth a visit.

gggggrrrrrruuff
Monday 8 March 2004 1.19pm
I spent an enjoyable Sunday afternoon in the Kings Arms this weekend. Friendly service, good music and a decent range of drinks - such a contrast to the pub under its previous ownership! After looking for a decent local around Shad Thames for the last 6 months, I've finally found one.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: