Fireworks on NYE

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 December 2009 8.39pm
Hi Merry Christmas everyone. Just a quick question, will the fireworks at the London Eye be visible from Tower Bridge?

Thanks

Related news & features

Related events

• New Year Fireworks (Thursday 31 December 2009 to Thursday 31 December 2009)
    8 minutes of fireworks

Wednesday 30 December 2009 8.21am
Not a great spectacle from there....only maybe the very highest...even from Blackfriars Bridge its limited.
Wednesday 30 December 2009 10.37am
Save yourself a load of hassle and watch it on tellie.
Wednesday 30 December 2009 10.54am
If you're after the full visual and percussive effect you can only really be stout of heart and tackle the crowds, alas if the current low level cloud persists even then you'll be mostly peering through heavy smoke from the explosions. Pray for clear skies.

Only eight minutes?!!
Wednesday 30 December 2009 1.27pm
Thanks everyone, I thought as much. This is my first New Year in SE1 so I thought I would brave the weather and wrap up warm and wander down to TB as no public transport necessary - I will keep an eye on the clouds!

Happy New Year
Thursday 31 December 2009 2.01pm
I'd have thought you'd see nothing at all from Tower Bridge with most of SE1 in the way.
Thursday 31 December 2009 4.04pm
I agree with Beetie, you'll be unlikely to see mucho of anything from TB.
Zoe
Thursday 31 December 2009 4.34pm
Go to the southbank between the eye and the oxo tower, it's horribly crowded but is generally the best view. It's not much of a walk from TBR, and will be lovely if the sky's clear and it's icy (as long as you remember your gloves of course...).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: