Bermondsey Fayre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 31 December 2009 11.20am
This is such a cool shop. Went in there 2 weeks ago and wanted to buy everything in the shop. As it was I only had 10 on me but managed to spend it on chutneys and cranberry jelly which were delicious.

Good luck ladies!!

Related news & features

Monday 11 January 2010 9.25pm
Thanks Karen - so glad you loved it - really means a lot to us as we find out feet!
We're also having a little sale on this week until Friday so come down if you get a chance and we'll have some new things in at the weekend - hope your 2010 has got off to a great start and see you soon in the fayre, Liz
Thursday 21 January 2010 8.53pm
This shop is like a little treasure trove, I got some pretty handmade Christmas decorations there and the jewellery is just gorgeous. Likewise KarenF - good luck!
Friday 22 January 2010 10.42am
I wish we could attract more businesses like this to set up in the area. One of my major gripes about the council is they believe tarting up an area will make people visit more, which simply isn't the case. If you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig.

The council should have a section (not the awful properties department) that is responsible for developing the area with niche shops like Bermondsey Fayre, this will attract people. The more people come to shop the more niche businesses will set up in the area which will attract more shoppers.
Sunday 7 February 2010 11.21pm
I visited Bermondsey Fayre for the first time last month. From the moment of seeing the front of the shop to entering & experiencing a warm atmosphere i really enjoyed the time i spent there. The service was extremely helpful & friendly.

It's great to find a place that has some unique clothes designs for men, at the same time there's an excellent selection for women as well as children.

What a sweet spot.
Monday 8 February 2010 1.33pm
I haven't had chance to get there yet: but wondered what the opening hours are ... and wondered if they could be displayed somehow when the shutters are down.
Friday 19 February 2010 9.42pm
Hi Julie
Thanks for your message re the shop - I would like to show opening hours - but with shutters has so far proven difficult - we are working on it.
So to let you know opening hours are
Tues - 11.30 - 5pm
Wed 11.30 - 6pm
Thurs 11.30 - 7pm
Fri 11 - 7pm
Sat 10.30 - 5 pm

If you have any feedback re hours if you think would be good if we opened for longer hours or anything on particular evening please do let me know
Thanks
Liz
liz@bermondseyfayre.com
Saturday 1 May 2010 11.52am
The shop looks interesting but - call me petty - but I haven't ever entered as I'm so sick of nearly falling over the sign you've placed on the pavement. With all the scaffolding around, it blocks the way for pedestrians. (There was a very lively debate on here about coffee@'s signage - I think people kept moving them out of the way cos they were in the way and it did nothing for their trade from the locals)
Saturday 1 May 2010 7.12pm
lullylush wrote:
The shop looks interesting but - call me petty - but I haven't ever entered as I'm so sick of nearly falling over the sign you've placed on the pavement. With all the scaffolding around, it blocks the way for pedestrians. (There was a very lively debate on here about coffee@'s signage - I think people kept moving them out of the way cos they were in the way and it did nothing for their trade from the locals)

Same for me. :o(
Wednesday 8 September 2010 9.15pm
Hi again - So sorry -
I just saw your replies re the sign -
I didn't realise so many of you found it got in the way - we try to put it somewhere that will not get in the way - obviously not working - I will have a look tomorrow and see if there is anywhere better to place it -
We found that with the scaffolding there we needed to place a sign outside for people to see the shop before crossing the road because of the scaffolding.
Many of our customers have come in and mentioned they came in because they read what was on the sign and wanted to come in.- and that otherwise they wouldn't have seen it.
But I hear what you're saying and I will have a look and see if there is a useful way for it to still be there and not be such a pain for walking through the scaffolding.

I hope you won't be too put off and do come in one day,

Liz
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: