Recommended for lap top repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 3 January 2010 3.49pm
I recommend Creative IT (UK) Ltd, 80 Willow Walk, Unit 6A The Willows, SE1 5SY (tel 020 7237 6805)for local lap top repairs. My computer was paralysed with a virus and Creative IT sorted it out professionally and quickly - and on the Saturday after New Year, when many other businesses were not open. I'd definitely go back to them again for the great service.
Monday 4 January 2010 4.16pm
What a godsend I thought when reading the recommendation of Creative IT, so took my laptop whose audio had stopped working, off to Willow Walk. "No problem" the multi tasking reception guy said "we will inspect for 45+VAT then advise cost of repair" OK. Half hour later told some connectors needed re-soldering at a cost of 130 and would take an hour .... accepted. Three and a half hours after arriving was given my laptop back (with a mega scratch across it)and the audio still not working! They said they had solved a problem with the video, which was working fine before, but had not tackled the audio! The manager saw I was somewhat unhappy after 4 hrs and asked me to leave my laptop and he would phone me later. Time will tell the result but thought I should warn fellow SE1ers. Many customers were coming and going but I din't see one as satisfied as J D Morris.
Monday 4 January 2010 4.35pm
sorry to hear of your difficulties, Butlers.

Is it the 'audio jack' (to connect external speakers) they've soldered? To be honest, that's the only thing I can think of that would've needed it - were you unable to use external speakers?

Nearly 200 seems very steep for a job of this nature. I would've thought no more than 100 all in (and that is assuming two hours at 50 which is a generous estimate bearing in mind it should take no more than an hour).

the place on Tanner Street (London Laptops - 020 7252 3553 or 0845 644 1517) are a local business. I haven't used them personally but they have been there for years and I am sure they would do a good job.
Monday 4 January 2010 5.31pm
I've used the one on Tanner Street (London Laptops) a couple times (2 differnt laptops) and they have been very good. no scratches and the repairs have worked just fine. I would happily recommend them.
Monday 4 January 2010 5.46pm
I agree with Gavin that 130 for such a small task is rather excessive. A small repair like that should cost no more than 30-40.

PS Congratulations on finally making your first post J D Morris - you really must of been impressed by this shop!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: