New cafe in Elephant & Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 4 January 2010 4.51pm
Seems to be a new cafe opening upstairs in Elephant & Castle - Mamoushka or something? Its just at the top of the middle elevator where a bedshop used to be on the corner. Not open yet, but anyone know anything about it?
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Monday 4 January 2010 5.44pm
It will be called Mamuska! and is a Polish restaurant.

Here's the sample menu they submitted with the planning application:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 9 January 2010 4.15pm
I see that Mamuska! is now open - but not many customers today

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 9 January 2010 5.14pm
it's nice to see something different. their website seems good and prices reasonable too. I think I will definitely try to go there.
Saturday 9 January 2010 5.23pm
Me too.
Saturday 9 January 2010 5.48pm
Thanks for the info.

Definitely will give it a shot at some point this month.
Sunday 10 January 2010 11.10am
It was looking extremely quiet again yesterday. I am quite loyal to the Ecuadorean weekend lunch place at the New Kent Road exit, but will definitely give Mamuska a try.
Tuesday 12 January 2010 8.03pm
Well, I just gave this a shot this evening. The place looks a bit rough around the edges with the eclectic assortment of tables and chairs but at the prices they are charging, you can't really ask for too much more.

They are trying to replicate the 'bar mleczny' style cafeteria you used to find all over the place back in communist times in Poland. See:

So you put in your order, pick it up, bring back the plates once you're done. Service was nice and friendly at the counter.

The order takes a bit longer than the typical fast food turn around, good to know that they are preparing things on demand. We both had pierogi, they were nice, the dough wasn't too thick and there was a good amount of filling. The total for two meals, two drinks, some bread and a side salad was 14 pounds. Good stuff overall, hope they stay around.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 9.26am
Me too, I went there last night. Very good home-maed chicken noodle soup, and really good potato pancakes with creamy mushroom sauce. 8 for both. I recommend giving it a go if you are passing.
Sunday 17 January 2010 4.56pm
Went past at about 2pm today - chocca with people having lunch so they must be doing something right.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: