Looking for art space in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 8 March 2004 12.24pm
I am acting as an agent to Tom Young artist/painter www.tomyoung.com and want to set up exhibitions for him in this area and need to find a cool space.

Any thoughts?
Monday 8 March 2004 12.44pm
Just to avoid confusion, this is a different Harriet from, well, er, from me (of the Japanese DVDs and ice cream). Having changed my name once to avoid confusion with Harry, I'm hoping I get to keep Harriet this time !

I also thought I'd just posted this, but it seems to have got lost in the Internet ether...so apologies if it appears twice.

Monday 8 March 2004 1.07pm
Harriet,

Please take great care. I fear that your identity has been hijacked by an evil criminal gang and they are using cutting-edge-nasty techniques to split you into two people. They may just be doing it as a laugh, but you should fear the worst.

Leave work. Go home now, and make sure that the other you isn't rummaging through your secrets as I type. {If you don't find another you in your house, then they've probably heard you coming and done a runner, so you should stay off work for the rest of the week to make sure you either catch them or scare them away for good}.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 8 March 2004 1.45pm
there are interior design-ish shops at the edges of Borough Market area which sell paintings.

But doesn't Tom need a gallerist rather than an agent?

;-)
Hat
Monday 8 March 2004 1.51pm
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

He is currently exhibiting in a gallery in Clekenwell at the moment. As his work varies, I'm trying to set up different exhibitions featuring ie., nudes, landscapes etc. Am taking the work load off him, so to speak.

Harriet
Monday 8 March 2004 2.10pm
Now she's calling herself you, and signing your name, Harriet, but she's subtly changed her username.

The smarter they get, the greater danger they pose.

BEWARE!!!!!

[Seriously, there's [something like] Advanced Graphic Services [whatever, it is, it's not the most inspiring name for a gallery, but they're very friendly people and they have a printmaking shop downstairs] on the corner of Long Lane and Tabard St (nr St George's Church and Simply Indian/Fortes barbers).

There's also a tiny gallery in what used to be the shop with potatoes nailed to the wall outside (next to the late lamented Trinity Arms - is it Swan St?). Good luck, but please spare Harriet.]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Hat
Monday 8 March 2004 2.22pm
That's great...thank you...

You don't happen to know the names of these shops?

Harriet
Monday 8 March 2004 2.24pm
no but there is one next to the flower shop. Easy to find.

However it would not add much kudos to the CV! But perhaps that is not what you or Tom are looking for.
Monday 8 March 2004 2.36pm
Hat (Harriet), I'm grateful.

Sputnik - there remains the possibliity that I am just using this as cover for my double life (a la Friday Jones)...

Monday 8 March 2004 2.49pm
Friday Jones? who he/she?

anyway I don't mind if I have been speaking to a stunt double, but if that was you then you should try dropping the name 'agent', it's a bad look in the art world.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: