One for Sunday lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Conor
Monday 25 March 2002 10.01am
After seeing the recommendations for the Leathermarket pub on this site and seeing also that now open for Sunday lunch, went to investigate yesterday. After 2 bottles of wine and an excellent roast beef (not to mention the Bailey's cheesecake), my vote is secure - great bright pub with excellent whiskey list and first class food. And within walking distance. At last, an alternative to The Honest Cabbage for Sunday lunch.

Only open on Sunday for trial period to see if local demand (as most of mid week trade office workers that do not live in area), so well worth supporting to ensure that it remains a fixed part of Sunday's in SE1. (Only us and two other tables yesterday, so new hours still appear unknown but imagine news will spread quickly)

Food from 12 - 5 which is great as Honest Cabbage closes at 3. Also food from 6-10 in evenings during week as well as lunch times.

Will definitely make it a regular.
Monday 25 March 2002 2.40pm
This is interesting. What road/street is it on?
Tate
Tuesday 26 March 2002 2.20pm
I'm not going until Natalie has given it the once over!
Tuesday 23 April 2002 2.04pm
who is Natalie?
Jayne
Tuesday 23 April 2002 5.09pm
who is Nathalie? check out the previoys correspondence on Champor......I think she may have gone to ground for some reason.....sure shes not the babe in the Tanning Shop?
Friday 3 May 2002 2.44pm
Well I've been to the pub and, stand by, I liked it! Now I will deffo try the food (although I'm sure it won't be up to my normal McDonalds under a blanket on London Bridge Station standards.) If you see a woman in a hat and sunglasses sitting in the corner behind a copy of Time Out Eating & Drinking Guide, it's not me. I'm the chick with the ace sun tan, standing outside handing out 'Boycott Champor Champor' leaflets.
Jayne
Monday 6 May 2002 7.10pm
hey Nats - welcome back. thought you'd skulked off to lick ur wounds. just 'cause u were outnumbered considerably on Champor doesn't mean u can't voice ur opinion. Maybe less acid comments might be more constructive? Maybe we don't realise we have our very own SE1 Fay Maeshler?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: