Car wash

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 2.33pm
Might seem an odd qu. given the weather but does anyone know of a good hand car wash service near Bermondsey St (ish)? Or for that matter a good place to have shoes soled? Am new to area... Thanks!
Wednesday 6 January 2010 2.50pm
very good hand carwash on Druid Street (just before junction with Tower Bridge Road). Is open good hours too.

As for getting shoes soled, I think there's a place on Tower Bridge Road up by Manze's pie and mash shop, but could be mistaken. If I am, then I think nearest place would be Elephant & Castle shopping centre.

Someone else might know a cobbler (is that the correct phrase?) closer though.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 3.02pm
There is a good car wash on Grange Road opposite the Alaska building which does outside for 5 and outside + inside for 10 while you wait.

I recently had my shoes resoled at a place on Tower Bridge Road. I forget the name, but it has a reddy brown frontage and is roughly opposite Manzes (as the previous poster mentioned).
Wednesday 6 January 2010 3.23pm
There is another car wash, "hand car wash"-esque rather than machines, as much as any are these days, on Southwark Bridge Road opposite the Island Cafe. Its mainly used by taxis and chauffer cars which I normally think is a good sign.

I think its either 5 or 10 for the outside, cant remember which.

Used it c. 10 times and its perfectly decent.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 3.24pm
Thanks both!
Wednesday 6 January 2010 4.08pm
Also a cobbler on Tooley street "underneath" the PwC building next to the Fitness First. They don't do it on the spot, but have done a good job on my shoes the last couple times.
Thursday 7 January 2010 11.35am
There's a shoe place in the long underground corridor at Hay's Galleria, and another on London Bridge Walk (the raised bit leading from the spike on the bridge to the station.)
Thursday 7 January 2010 11.54am
Thank you! All very helpful...now just to choose. Will be best-heeled girl in town! With shiniest car (apart from the bit some nasty person keyed last week)!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: