Dodgy cigarettes in Sainsburys

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
bdim Friday 8 January 2010 3.18pm
Just wanted to alert people to watch out if buying cigarettes from Bermondsey Square Sainburys. We bought 20 Marlboro lights only to discover (upon unwrapping the shrink wrap) that it was empty and packed out with paper. Quite unbelievable from a 'reputable' retailer. The person in charge that we spoke to was not surprised as it had happened before. Have reported it to Sainsburys HQ but as yet no response. Bizarre!
Eileen Friday 8 January 2010 6.43pm
I would have thought that the problem is with the manufacturer (Philip Morris)not Sainsburys. I would contact Philip Morris direct - you might get more than what Sainsbury's offered, which was probably a replacement packet of cigarettes.
chalkey Friday 8 January 2010 7.55pm
The world is fraught with that sort of thing. I went in to a local store the other day and ask if they had a slim panatella. They gave me a country and western c.d. !
darrenm Friday 8 January 2010 8.30pm
well, if your new year resolution is to cut down smoking, then there is your answer - buy your cigs from sainsbury ! hehe. seriously though, eileen may have a point, but im not upto date with the distribution and packing of cigs from philip morris, but obviously something is very wrong somewhere. stand your ground and don't get ripped off. (this is rip off britain after all).
graham Friday 8 January 2010 10.39pm
BDSM - the message is clear, quit now!
Sainsbury's just saved you more than an 4 hours of your life (on average) - just don't spend it reading community websites - you're still young, go and enjoy yourself!
Philpotts24 Saturday 9 January 2010 1.03am
BDSM! ROFL....graham, you need glasses, lol.
tonytiger Monday 11 January 2010 4.56pm
Last year I complained to Sainsbury's through their website about a number of issues at the B Square store (selling out-of-date food; special offers not being recognised by the tills; food in the chiller cabinet by the entrance being warm because the door is always open).

The response they sent me didn't address any of the issues - in fact, they said that selling out-of-date food was OK as it was probably still good to eat - but they did post me a 5 gift card. So get writing!
Zoe Monday 11 January 2010 7.28pm
They had buckets of dirty water by the door for at least two weeks, I told them I would get environmental health, as there was a thick layer of scum on top, and they got rid of it. Euuggg, nasty!
urbanite Tuesday 12 January 2010 9.18am
This is a very poorly managed shop....and it is not OK to sell out of date goods at all...otherwise why put dates on them in the first place. The shop is endorsing its product by using this system and in no way should be selling out of date stock. If you buy it and choose to use it after the expiry date then that is fine and is your responsibility. I am astounded that they would have written to you with that sentiment.
Tom Pepper Tuesday 12 January 2010 8.46pm
Pardon me if I appear to be stating the obvious, but as a non-smoker who can't stand the smell of the things, is there such a thing as a cigarette that is NOT dodgy?
I thought that the smoking ban that was introduced last year was the best thing to come to this country since sliced bread.
At least I can spend two or three hours in a pub now and not go home stinking like an ashtray, having to shower before I go to bed in order to expel the stench from my hair.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions