SEAL IN St.Saviours Dock

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Sunday 10 January 2010 11.06am
It's 11.05 Sunday 10 January and there is a seal on the platform in St. Saviours Dock. A first spotting!

Related news & features

Sunday 10 January 2010 11.35am
Wow where abouts! On the Dockhead end or the walkway to the Offices, our daughter is in residence and she has peeped out the window to see if she can see the seal. We had to return to Kent last night to make sure all o.k. with old folks. Too much snow down here and an hour walk through the Blizzard from the Station as no public transport or taxis.. at least the seal knows where it is better off.
Sunday 10 January 2010 6.07pm
I went with vid camera but was obviously far too late since the tide was out. Did you get any pics, Long-Term Local?
Sunday 10 January 2010 10.07pm
Photo now here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4293

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 10 January 2010 11.28pm
We watched the seal in St Saviours Dock from just before 11 up to nearly 12noon when he departed on the falling tide. Just after 12 he was swimming around in the Thames close inshore by the Design Museum. Will be looking out for him tomorrow!
Monday 11 January 2010 11.03am
She/He's back. Currently (10.57am) lying on the most Thames-ward of the ecology rafts in St Saviour's Dock.
Monday 11 January 2010 12.25pm
Long-Term Local wrote:
It's 11.05 Sunday 10 January and there is a seal on the platform in St. Saviours Dock. A first spotting!

Phew! What a relief! A semi-aquatic marine mammal!
When I saw the words SEAL IN St Saviours Dock I had a mental image of the ugliest singer, (I use the term singer loosely), in Christendom disporting himself à la those hardy nutters in the icy waters of The Serpentine.
Monday 11 January 2010 4.03pm
We Live in Riverview Heights on Bermondsey Wall West and there has been a seal outside our 2nd floor balcony since new years eve! amazingly i dont think its this one. The one who seems to have set up home out side our block has a very dark head but maybe thats just because hes wet my wife says. Riverview Heights is 100 yards past the inlet heading east (se16 4tn). We have pictures but I don't know how to post them, my emails johntudorevans@googlemail.com if thats the easiest way if any seal experts want to have a look and judge the matter. What are the odds of two seals turning up at the same time!!!
Tuesday 12 January 2010 11.50am
I was there at 11 with vid camera but the tide was high and she wasn't there. Please post if she is still around.
Tuesday 12 January 2010 2.42pm
I saw (my) one half an hour ago outside Riverview Heights but as i say not sure if same one, I just emailsed mark whos going to post to see if anyone can tell. spooky!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network