SE1 choirs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 January 2010 10.08pm
I am looking for a local choir; not too stuffy, with a broad repertoire and a good standard of singing. I am not a great sightreader, but pick things up fairly fast. I'm a soprano (more or less!) and looking to start singing again after many years missing it.. can anyone recommend good choirs around the London Bridge/Waterloo/Blackfriars area? Many thanks!
Monday 11 January 2010 12.29am
Mr N has recently joined a Rotherhithe and Bermondsey Choir, he had the same concerns as you before joining a choir but the recent concerts he took part in were great.
The Choir is a very good standard with an excellent enthusiastic Conductor, they meet in the Time and Talent's centre at Rotherhithe. (Not quite in your area though).
Monday 11 January 2010 10.24am
I'd like to join a madrigal group or similar. Anyone know of one in SE1 or SE17? It's a while since I did any serious singing, but I can still (I think) sight read, and sing in tune. I'm a soprano, but can cope with alto too. Thanks
Monday 11 January 2010 12.05pm
In fact anywhere reasonably central is ok. I liked the sound of the Morley College Choir but am put off by the termly fee; seems odd to pay for a choir.
Anyway suggestions gratefully received! Thanks for those so far.
Thanks. ECS
Monday 11 January 2010 9.38pm
I also thought about the Morley College choir, ecs, but had the same concern. I'd also be interested in finding a choir in the area--I'm alto, a decent sightreader with some practice, but havn't done any serious singing in far too many years!
Tuesday 12 January 2010 3.18pm
The Esterhazy Singers are based at St Magnus Martyr Church by London Bridge, north side of the river. We rehearse Tuesdays 7-9.30pm & tonight (Tuesday 12th) are hosting a scratch performance of Vivaldi's 'Gloria', 'Hallelujah Chorus' & 'Zadok the Priest' for all-comers. Come along if you can & see whether you like it. Its a 30 strong group, with an brilliant music director, performing everything from Gabrielli to Gershwin classics, but mostly classical. You can try it any Tuesday with no obligation to join. There is a fee, which is negotiable, usual for all choirs in my experience. We have a web-site for more details.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: