Jubilee Line at London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 13 January 2010 10.24am
What's happened to the Jubilee line at London Bridge this week? Every morning there has been restricted access through the ticket gates due to 'overcrowding' on the platforms, which seldom was a problem before. I'm not sure how London Bridge tube station is going to cope with the thousands of extra commuters when the the PWC headquarters at Tooley Street, the Shard and baby shard are all open and operational.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 10.40am
At 7.35 at canada water as the train pulled in and the doors opened people fell out on to the platform..no one could on..had to let several go by before i squeezed on..worse I have ever known in the six years i have been using it..
Wednesday 13 January 2010 10.47am
I find it frustrating because I go west instead of east on the Jubilee, which isn't nearly as busy, but still can't access that part of the platform (which makes sense, admittedly). I think I'll try walking to Bermondsey instead tomorrow.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 11.07am
they like to play silly buggers restricting gate access - usually they do it to the northern line at London Bridge (which they did this morning) when there's no need. Thankfully I only get the Tube every so often (usually cycle).

For all of you whose journeys were delayed, you can get a refund (provided delayed more than 15mins). TfL doesn't publicise its customer charter or the refund but when I used to get the Tube daily, I used to use it all the time - click on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/ and follow prompts. Vouchers arrive in about a fortnight and are well worth it!
Wednesday 13 January 2010 11.45am
There used to be a strange anomaly that if you applied for a charter refund for an Oyster journey they'd send you a paper voucher for the cash price (ie 4.00 for a single as it was then). Sadly you couldn't add the voucher to your Oyster card so you had to queue to buy a ticket.

I notice the form is now different - a paper form only for cash tickets. Does anyone know if you get a refund to your Oyster card or if it's still a paper voucher of less convenience?
Wednesday 13 January 2010 11.51am
it was great with that, Truthmonkey. My Oyster fare was 1.50 each way, yet they sent me a voucher for 4 which covered both ways!

I haven't done one for ages but I presume it's still the old paper voucher.

Just checked the site though and they've excluded claims due to adverse weather - idiots!
Wednesday 13 January 2010 12.26pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
they like to play silly buggers restricting gate access - usually they do it to the northern line at London Bridge (which they did this morning) when there's no need.

Yes I'm sure the staff do it just for fun, so they can get lots of abuse from the public.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 12.35pm
Williamn wrote:
Yes I'm sure the staff do it just for fun, so they can get lots of abuse from the public.

Quite probably. What other reason is there for it if not a real overcrowding problem? Perhaps you work there and could give us inside knowledge?

On most of the mornings when they restrict it, the platforms/lower councourse are nowhere near to capacity, yet someone has taken a decision to restrict access to the Northern gate line (sure that's what they call it).

Only on a handful of occasions have I actually got through the gates and felt gratified to know that it had actually been closed due to REAL overcrowding, rather than a figment of someone's imagine.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 12.38pm
The DLR station at Bank is closed until the end of the month for engineering work, so the Jubilee is extra crowded as people who would have used the DLR from Bank seek alternative routes... it should (hopefully) be back to normal crowding levels in a few weeks.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 12.57pm
markle wrote:
The DLR station at Bank is closed until the end of the month for engineering work, so the Jubilee is extra crowded as people who would have used the DLR from Bank seek alternative routes... it should (hopefully) be back to normal crowding levels in a few weeks.

Thanks, that explains it. Checking the DLR site http://www.dlrlondon.co.uk/planned-engineering-works/bank-closure/ it states that Bank DLR is closed from 24 December until the end of January as markle states.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: