Guy's Hospital appts.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 January 2010 3.08pm
I had an appointment yesterday and as is my wont arrived early..walking into the department I heard the most beautiful music, in fact one of my vien en rose, thought that the quality of piped music has definitely improved, approaching the desk I thought I saw a harp! realised I had not reached any celestial plane when I saw a pretty young lady playing the harp!

It was magical, her name was Jean Kelly and if I had the money I would hire her to play at any events..

apparently the music recitals are funded by Guy's and st thomas' charity..good for them, it made my day and I have not stopped talking about it today!
Friday 15 January 2010 11.44pm
How lovely! when I was there a couple of months ago there was a man playing the piano in the atrium that leads to the York Clinic.
Saturday 16 January 2010 9.04am
I used to work at Chelsea and Westminster hospital and they put all sorts of fantastic musical performances in their atrium. there was a separate charity that funded events. its really good to hear that this is happening in se1 too. its the sort of thing that really creates a healing atmosphere instead of the usual 'race to the bottom' that we have to put up with in the NHS (about this time a few years ago Great Ormond Street ran out of paper and all the staff with split posts were encouraged to liberate/borrow reams from their other jobs to be replaced after April 1st)
Monday 18 January 2010 4.05pm
Guy's and St Thomas' Charity actually has an all year-round programme of free performing arts events across the hospitals, including music, theatre, poetry and dance. For anyone with hospital appointments at Guy's or Tommy's, take a look at the full schedule of performances in the hospitals this month and next:
Monday 18 January 2010 6.04pm
I too enjoy beautiful music at St.Thomas's hospital. It is usually around lunch time,but I often see and hear musicians at the grand piano halfway down the South Wing on the left. I often wonder who the pianists are. The music is lovely! Once only I heard the musicians at Guys, below the atrium.I believe the concerts are at 1.30.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: