Hartley going

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Friday 15 January 2010 5.49pm
I just heard that the Hartley is closing soon but that the Thai kitchen is moving down the road to the George.

Sorry to see the Hartley go but happy we can still get some tasty Thai food in the area!
Friday 15 January 2010 10.56pm
The Hartley's been a shadow of its former self ever since it reopened. In the right pair of hands it could be a cracking pub, but everything about it needs an overhaul. I live less than a minute's walk away and was never tempted in once they stopped serving their pre-Thai menu.
Friday 15 January 2010 11.35pm
shame but really in the wrong location..the thai thing was never going to work...did they do delivery?
Saturday 16 January 2010 3.12am
boroughpaul wrote:
shame but really in the wrong location..the thai thing was never going to work...did they do delivery?

Don't think they did delivery but I'd occasionaly see people picking up to take away (I kept meaning to try that but would always just end up eating there). Maybe the George will do deliveries or at least still offer take away.
Saturday 16 January 2010 7.21am
Sad..we had some good times in the Hartley back in the day.
Saturday 16 January 2010 10.51am
clientel has gone right down hill..
it wont be missed it has really turned back into an estate pub..
pubs are closing these days but theres a theme.. its the bad ones
Saturday 16 January 2010 12.57pm
Blimey - an estate pub? As opposed to what?
Saturday 16 January 2010 5.23pm
council estate punters, working class.. pop in The George for an example
i would imagine initially the hartley was pitched at the jam factory residents.. who;s custom must have dried up rather quickly.. with better options around berm st
Saturday 16 January 2010 6.16pm
Was good a few years ago - remember having a great meal and then enjoying a mini concert by a talented musician who sang and played the guitar. Would have thought somebody will come in an make it 'gastro'!
Saturday 16 January 2010 6.37pm
That's it..it WAS a gastro...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: