Annoying Icon Building residents

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 16 January 2010 11.29am
i was awoken at 2am this morning by a group of icon residents smoking and giggling in the alleyway beside the icon building for at least 25min... this woke me up and i am on the 4th floor of the building next door.. this is not the first time either
do the other icon buiding residents know which flat this is as i would like to speak to them?
the noise from that alley funnels and amplifies up and would surely have disturbed not only my building but the icon buidling itself and the nearby council flats.(some of which contain young famillies)
have some respect and go elswhere, you expect the occaisional 13yr old hoody to hang about in this alley but not adults.
the alley is a huge problem the icon has been broken into and the barrow stores has been broken into several times.
think about it and have some respect for your neighbourhood.
i am sure there is an icon residents comittee , is this something you may be addressing??
Saturday 16 January 2010 11.34pm
Ah.

Welcome to Bermondsey.

Consideration for your neighbours is for wimps.
Sunday 17 January 2010 1.04am
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. It was probably working class/estate people...
Sunday 17 January 2010 5.05am
I live In Icon apartments. I did not hear any noise. There were a few problems with the ground floor flats but they have been warned. Since then, I have not heard any complaints.
Why didn't you speak to them or call Southwark?
Sunday 17 January 2010 10.44am
davies. woodward dont chip in if its got nothing to do with you its not amusing.. and doesnt help..
i live on the top floor so dont fancy leaning out of the window like an old washer woman. and i dont fancy getting out of bed going down , out the building at 2 am after being asleep for 2 hours//why should i?
next time i will just call the cops on the asumption that anyone hanging in the alley is up to no good..

the southwark noise team take far to long to respond..

also if you are in the icon buidling on the far side of this alley you wouldnt have heard it..anyone facing it or cluney place..would..
i assume its the rented flats that the problems occurred with before as the obviously are not allowed to smoke inside....???
Sunday 17 January 2010 1.38pm
You point out yourself that the alleyway funnels the sound so maybe they weren't being unreasonable, just unaware of the effect and affect. Some sounds seem far louder at night when they are not masked by ambient noise. Maybe you just need to have a word first rather than risk falling out with your neighbours by taking it further. A sign? Quiet Please-People Sleeping
I can hear the neverending hum of Guys generators at night although the sound is drowned out during the day.
I notice in a recent article from Southwark Council that noise, unsurprisingly, is one of the major irritatios of city life. You now need permission to install wooden flooring because of the way it transmits sound. I have a small piece of carpet under my speakers to stop the sound being transmitted through the floor or walls. There has to be a reasonable measure of tolerance in flats, but people who place speakers on the window so 50% of the noise goes out the window or hangs them on the wall so the sound is transmitted through other flats need to be spoken to.
Monday 18 January 2010 10.16am
Boomshake, you sound like a thoroughably disagreeable person. Must be lack of sleep, eh?
And I've always found Southwark Noise Team to be good (and prompt).
Monday 18 January 2010 11.04am
gosh....smoking and giggling for 25 minutes on a Friday night. Whatever next!!!
Monday 18 January 2010 11.53am
yes..i am an extremely disagreable person, please forgive me i should enjoy being disturbed smoking and giggling at 2 am in the morning, perhaps i am over sensitive after being woken up in the past as a break in was taking place in that alley.. but hey, I will ignore these things.. as everyone else does..
Monday 18 January 2010 12.06pm
boomshake wrote:
yes..i am an extremely disagreable person, please forgive me i should enjoy being disturbed smoking and giggling at 2 am in the morning, perhaps i am over sensitive after being woken up in the past as a break in was taking place in that alley.. but hey, I will ignore these things.. as everyone else does..

Disagreeable AND self-righteous. Having lived in SE1 for over 10 years and having lived in other parts of London as well I have seldom experienced a strong sense of community like I do here. As a matter of fact, you seem to be the first exception.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: