Orange/Vodafone iPhone Service in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 16 January 2010 1.16pm
I recently bought an iPhone on O2, only to have to return it as there was absolutely no signal where I lived and the coverage was awful out and about in SE1. If I'd done a bit more research and had seen the the threads on here about O2 Shad Thames reception problems, or the entertaining rants on the http://www.billbuchan.com/o2/ blog, I might have avoided a lot of the painful conversations with customer service departments when trying to return the phone.

Before I dive in and reorder with either Vodafone or Orange, I was wondering if anybody has any problems with these companies, particularly around Tower Bridge Road / Tanner Street.

Thanks.
Saturday 16 January 2010 1.22pm
I have tried all of the networks and Vodafone is the only one which gives me a consistently good service. In addition, you can get 3G pretty much everywhere. Orange are not too bad, but 3G tends to be patchy.

Hope this helps?
Saturday 16 January 2010 3.37pm
i got my iphone on voda yesterday, so far all looks good. I can connect via the wireless at home but even using the network its connection is pretty fast. I live off TBR OKR way and always been with Vodafone and not had any network problems.
Saturday 16 January 2010 6.14pm
Vodafone and Orange both good on Alma Grove. Friend with an iPhone on Tesco (02) had no problems here either.
Saturday 16 January 2010 11.32pm
Vodaphone seems fine.
Sunday 17 January 2010 1.51pm
I would only have vodaphone as I never have any problems any where.I live just off new kent road.

the company where i used to work was a multi national company and all the employees worldwide used vodaphone.
Monday 18 January 2010 11.32am
I live off Morocco Street/Bermondsey St and am on Orange. My iPhone works fine.
Monday 18 January 2010 3.39pm
I live near Tower Bridge Road and have both Orange (work) and O2 (personal). Not had problems with either or the Orange 3G card.
Monday 18 January 2010 4.30pm
I'm on 02 and find the iphone rather pants at picking up a phone signal (off borough high street), where as my old (v3) razor was better at picking up reception.
although 02 has pants signal around se1 it is also rather hit and miss in the centre of the city!
but 3g was even worse! and I highly recommend never touching 3g, even with a very long barge pole. Their ethics are highly questionable and I have the letters and harrassment records to prove it.

vodafone always seems to have the edge on signal (we're so built up around se1), so a good bet to go with, even though they're supposedly on the same bandwith as o2. but am sticking with o2 as they are giving a good customer service at the moment :-) They gave me my iphone free. (ask for refurbished)
Wednesday 20 January 2010 7.58pm
Thanks for the feedback. I managed to hold of phones from Orange, Vodafone and O2. No signal on O2, questionable signal on Orange, good signal on Vodafone. Three (my current provider) have a faultless signal, but they don't offer the newer iPhones. All of the operators show 'Excellent' coverage on their websites :-/

Incidentally, I found the following website that shows locations of the mobile masts and their operators. Vodafone masts are all over the place, and Three have one on top of the Travelodge on Tower Bridge Road which is pretty close to my flat. Orange and O2 are a little further away. Hope this site is useful to others.

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: