New supermarket?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 21 January 2010 5.29pm
Thursday 21 January 2010 7.22pm
presumably the 'w word' is 'where?' I'm going to go first and ask 'Where?'
Thursday 21 January 2010 8.02pm
Waitrose! Hope I'm not tempting fate.
Thursday 21 January 2010 8.29pm
"what" the f...........?????
Zoe
Thursday 21 January 2010 9.40pm
Why is it so expensive to keep the platforms closed, what is the 3 million a year being spent on?
Thursday 21 January 2010 9.43pm
maintenance maybe? Whatever, its a scandal, it wasn't exactly a surprise that the International platforms became redundant, they could be in use now if there had been proper planning.
Thursday 21 January 2010 10.04pm
yes, but WHERE is the supermarket going to be? I can't think where in Waterloo there would be space for a supermarket? It seems a bit far-fetched to me and the Standard has gone downhill since beoming a freebie. Perhaps they've just made it up!
Friday 22 January 2010 9.56am
I remember seeing a development plan a couple of years ago that showed a supermarket on the corner of Waterloo Road and Baylis Road - where the Book Warehouse, Da Vinci's etc is now.

I don't understand how that would affect the re-opening of the platforms for the international terminals, though.

My only other thought is that the space below the platforms might be converted. I understand (although I can't remember where I read it) that if the ex-Eurostar platforms are brought into use, access will be from the concourse level, so the old sunken check-in, security and departure lounge areas, with their service spaces, would be available.
Friday 19 March 2010 5.53pm
a mega costcutter more like.friendly staff, good customer service.lol

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: