Hall to hire for childrens party?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ashleighb Tuesday 26 January 2010 12.16pm
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a nice hall to hire in Borough/Bankside or Rotherhithe area for a childrens party please, especially one that includes enclosed outside space.

Many thanks

Ashleigh
dee dee Tuesday 26 January 2010 12.54pm
bermondsey village hall
the roundhousegreat dover street

southwark council have a list of tennants halls on their site that may help
ashleighb Wednesday 27 January 2010 11.07am
Thanks dee dee, will look those up now.
Gwynaethva Wednesday 27 January 2010 12.06pm
There's a little hall in Spa Park. They do hire it out at very reasonable rates - we hire it for our residents AGM.

There is also a Children's playground attached to it.

You could probably find out more details from the Council - link to the page here:
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/HousingandHomes/residentinvolvement/tenantshalls.html
Gavin Smith Wednesday 27 January 2010 3.00pm
we are in the process of booking Fisher Downside's hall (well creche actually). They have a large hall (which is too big for our requirements) and a creche room which can hold 20-30 kids (and attendant adults). Their rate is 20 per hour which I think is perfectly fine AND the room comes with kids' toys, etc. My partner went and had a look and she was impressed with the size of the room and its facilities, etc. Any money you spend is also likely to benefit Fisher and the local kids. Sadly I can't remember the number as it's at home...
beetroot Wednesday 27 January 2010 4.28pm
What's nice about Bermondsy Village hall, that dee dee recommends, is that as well as the outdoor spaces, it's in a park with the kids play area just meters from the hall.
juanita Wednesday 27 January 2010 8.58pm
Gwynaethva wrote:
There's a little hall in Spa Park. They do hire it out at very reasonable rates - we hire it for our residents AGM.
There is also a Children's playground attached to it.

You could probably find out more details from the Council - link to the page here:
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/HousingandHomes/residentinvolvement/tenantshalls.html

The Ellen Brown Centre in Bermondsey Spa Gardens has a couple of large rooms, suitable for parties. Not sure it is bookable at weekends, though, as council staff would have to open it up.

I have seen kids parties in Bermonsdey Village Hall when I've walked through Leathermarket Gardens.
Pianoman Thursday 28 January 2010 10.43am
Borough Welsh Chapel in Southwark Bridge Rd. has recently had a refurb

welshchapel.com
SouthwarkRunClub Thursday 28 January 2010 5.29pm
Hi, can anyone let me know who to get in touch with in regards to hiring one of the Ellen Brown Centre halls in Spa Park? I am looking for a space with reasonable rates to run my Pilates class. If people know any where else, I would also appreciate the suggestions! Thanks!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions