Car Cleaning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 January 2010 3.15pm
Picking the Forum's brain again. There are several carwashes in SE1 but I haven't found one that does a really good job on the interior. My car often has mud, and general London mess on the inside (even with rubber floor mats) and I need to find a place / or mobile valet who can really do a wise on car interiors. Usually it is a quick run over with the vac is the best you can get. They don't get into the nooks and cracks.

Any suggestions?
Tuesday 26 January 2010 3.25pm
I used easyvalet.co.uk a little while ago and thought they did an excellent job. I think prices start at about 15 pounds. I was actually thinking about setting up my own car valet service a few years ago since it seemed to be a great way to make money easy but I never had the money.
Tuesday 26 January 2010 5.30pm
How much does it cost to setup a car valet business?

The guys on Grange Road opposite the Alaska Buildings do a good job on the outside and inside of my car - no connection. Might be worth a try?
Monday 1 February 2010 9.14am
It is more for the interior than exterior. That is what I find actually gets dirty and when cleaning gets the least amount of attention.
Monday 1 February 2010 11.41am
There is one on Bayliss Road which I always find very good.
They do a lot of limmos etc.
Sue
Monday 1 February 2010 4.36pm
I'd rather clean my own car than let someone else do it, but in London few of us have the facilities to do so!

Grange Road opposite the Alaska buildings do a reasonable job if the older guy with glasses is there.

The best guys that I have found are just off Borough Road on the left before the bridge.
I've only just started using them but they seem to actually care about the finished result.

I tend to get one of our cars washed at least once a week (they are both used for business and need to look relatively presentable) and have sampled most of the cleaners in the area. Iwill be using this one exclusively unless their service declines.
Monday 1 February 2010 7.40pm
I would agree with JimExpl about the guys on Borough Road - we each take our cars there every week and they do a great job - 5 outside only or 10 inside & out. Living with someone who is fastidious about getting every bit of dirt out of alloy wheels and them raving about the place must be a recommendation in itself!
Tuesday 2 February 2010 9.46am
I go to the guys off the Old Kent Road just before Asda..will look at the name of the road next time I'm there. They are really qick and thorough and cost less than 5...gosh I should be shot for this post, it's so vague. Will try to be more enlightening.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network