Activities for 3 year old?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ecs
Thursday 28 January 2010 10.04am
I am looking for some activities I could take my 3 year old son to around London Bridge/Blackfriars/Waterloo. We already go to a number of local libraries for story sessions and to Mint St playgroup. As the weather is so cold I am looking for mainly indoor activities for now. Many thanks in advance.
Thursday 28 January 2010 10.17am
Check to see if the One Oclock Club by the War Museum still runs..they have indoor play areas.actually in the park.
Thursday 28 January 2010 10.46am
The Tate Modern is a lovely place to hang out with kids. Our 2.5 year old loves the big hall, the book store and the cafes. Of particular interest is the UBS sponsored family activity booth where you can ask for crayons and other materials to occupy the mind
ecs
Thursday 28 January 2010 10.59am
Many thanks - I should have said that we do go there lots anyway as we live close by. I am hoping for activities with other kids really as he's at an age where he loves playing with children his age....
Thursday 28 January 2010 11.00am
The South Bank Centre is good too. The Poetry Library is really well stocked with children's books of all kinds, along with bean bags and tolerant staff. There are often lots of parents with kids in and around the ballroom downstairs too - my kids like the feeling of space a lot.
Monday 1 February 2010 4.05pm
CATERPILLAR MUSIC BERMONDSEY: 020 7252 1178
Tuesday - Bermondsey Village Hall

Classes will be held at the Bermondsey Village Hall, Kirby Grove, SE1 3TD

10.00 to 10.40am Caterpillars (0 to 3 yrs)

10.50 to 11.30am Butterflies (18months - 4 years)

Jill Powell
020 7252 1178
jill.powell@caterpillarmusic.com
http://www.caterpillarmusic.com
Tuesday 2 February 2010 1.53pm
Hi,

have you looked at the centre at Coin St? They always have stuff on a Saturday afternoon. However my 3 and 4 year old boys are starting to outgrow that.

We do go to the Saturday morning playcentre in Brockwell Park - a bit further away but worth it as they have a large outdoor area as well as indoors, lots to do. With a large playpark next to it aswell!
Tuesday 2 February 2010 8.04pm
hi there are loads of things on - have a look at the sure start booklet for southwark and it gives you a timetable for everything - I am sure if you do a google search or visit one of your local schools or nurserys or health visitor you can get a printed copy of their magazine - which I think is called lets go.
I live in the Borough/London Bridge area and my 2 year old has something to keep him occupied everyday and most of its free which is great when you are on SMP :)
(deeno's wife)
Monday 8 February 2010 9.37am
Hello

It might be a bit far for you but we've recently started an under 5s session at the Cuming Museum on the Walworth Road. It's on Thursday mornings 10am - 11am. We have around 8 children coming each week so it would be a nice opportunity for your son to interact with other children in a relaxed enviornment. You can find out more about the museum and what we offer for families here http://www.southwark.gov.uk/DiscoverSouthwark/heritageandhistory/TheCumingMuseum/whatson/fameve.html

Best wishes

Hannah
Museum education officer

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: